Sergio Agüero

Sergio was born on June 2, 1988 in Quilmes, Argentina.

His full name is Sergio Leonel Agüero Del Castillo.

Sergio began his professional football career in July 2003 when aged just 15 years and 13 days he made his debut for Independiente. He was the youngest debutant in Argentina's top flight, beating the record of his father-in-law, Diego Maradona.

Agüero was married to Giannina Maradona, the youngest daughter of Argentinian football legend Diego Maradona. His wife gave birth to a son Benjamin, on 19 February 2009. But the couple divorced in 2013.

His mother Adriana was a housewife and his father Leonel a taxi driver. Sergio was one of seven children and saw very hard times as a child but it was his love for football that helped him come up in life.

Agüero's most famous goal for Independiente came on 11 September 2005 in a 4-0 win against Racing Club de Avellaneda, where he ran from inside his own half before finishing with his left foot, leaving the fans absolutely stunned. This goal attracted a lot of attention from Europe and also drew comparisons with Maradona's famous goal against England.

Sergio won the Golden Boot and the Golden Ball scoring 6 times in 7 matches in the FIFA U-20 World Cup in 2007 in Canada.

He has a tattoo on his left arm with his son's name and date of birth.

When asked whether he has any superstitions that drive him before a match, he replied, " I suppose my pre match ritual would include rubbing my hands together while walking up the stairs on to the pitch. I also try not to focus on the match in order to stay relaxed. I ensure to get plenty of sleep before the game and i like to hang out with friends, listen to music and prepare myself mentally."

His nickname is Kun, it's derived from Japanese manga cartoon "Kum-Kum" wich Agüero loved watching as a child. He has also a tattoo of his name in Tengwar, the language spoken in the Lord Of The Rings.

Sergio was selected by the fans as Manchester City's player of the year in 2012.

In the year 2011, Agüero was signed for Manchester City and was set for his debut match on August 15 and was issued with the number 16 shirt. It was the first round of the Premier League, in the match against Swansea.

On 14 August 2014, Agüero signed a five-year contract extension, wich will keep him at Manchester City until 2019.

Sergio shares a close friendship with Lionel Messi, his regular roommate during outings for the National Team since 2005. Messi described Agüero as "like a brother".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~