My nerves get bad when I'm left in the room for a long time. I have searched the room enough. I looked at the designs on the wall, counted the tiles on the wall over and over, I ever got up to see what cabinets and drawers were open and which ones were locked. Shit, I even read the signs on the wall near the door, the ones with all the damn warnings that no one reads. I even filled a clove up with water and put holes in the finger to milk it like a cow.

I lay back in my chair and wait again.

I sit up when a they finally knock and come in. "How are you doing, Ms.Callaghan?" Dr.Harris comes in with a big smile.

"I'm fine," I sigh.

"We'll I have some good news," she looks at her nurse, "we don't have to perform a Pap smear."

"Oh, thank goodness," my hand goes to my chest. "So what's been causing me to go...off schedule?"

Dr.Harris vegans to put gloves on. "Why your pregnancy, of course."

"Pardon?" I raise a sharp brow. Girl, what the hell are you talkin' about?

"Your...pregnancy," she frowns now. Her eyes widen, "you didn't know this?"

I began to laugh hysterically. "No. No, I did not know this. I'm sorry, was there a test?"

"Your results were coming back a little wonky, and they were things we see in pregnant women. So we did do a test, and you are expecting," Dr.Harris says seriously, "everything else is normal. This is all just symptoms of early pregnancy."

"So, I'm pregnant?" I blink. I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Yes, ma'am," she says, picking up that this wasn't planned.

My eyes screw shut as I realize something. "Wait so...I was bleeding. Doesn't that mean-"

"That you miscarried?" She finishes for me. Her head shakes back and forth. "Not all the time, this is quite normal. This is just your body getting ready for your baby, think of it as it's way of saying goodbye for a few more months. Depending how far you are, you shouldn't have anymore spotting. But of course, I'm going to recommend you to a doctor so you and your baby can get a proper check up."

"So I wasn't getting fat," I whisper laying my hand over my stomach, "well I guess I am still, but I can still get fast food for lunch."

They all looked at me with amusement and I cleared my throat. "Sorry, humor is my way of-"

"We understand" the doctor nods, "I'm going to get the recommendation for you and you can call and schedule you appointment. Other than that, I believe we are all good here."

I just nod as they all leave the room, telling me congratulations. I thank them, but my head is all over the place.

I leave the room as well and receive a card and some papers. When I finish up there, I walk out with a pail face and a card in my hand.

I sit in my car for the longest, just watching people leave and go in the building. Then my face hardens.

I put my car in reverse and speed out the parking lot. I dial Remi's phone. "Hello?"

"Are you home? Please tell me you're off," I beg.

"Uh, yeah. Is everything okay?"

"No nothing is okay anymore," I almost snap, "I'm on my way to your house, okay. And make sure the bathroom is vacant!"

I hang up and fist my hair. How did I let this happen? I knew my recklessness was going to bite me in the ass. I hadn't gone out in months but I guess I was too late.