Chapter Thirty Six

Start from the beginning

"What is it, do you feel unwell?" Snape asked as softly as he could

The werewolf's voice was almost inaudible.

"I... think I hurt my arm, or back, I don't know" Remus replied exhausted, sounding troubled, knowing he couldn't sleep without notifying someone

Snape carefully took his covers away from him, feeling bad for not noticing before but it was so cold outside that Remus was covered in a few coats while leaving the hospital. Snape quickly located a stain of blood on the back of Lupin's sleeve and by the side of his chest. The scratch wasn't that bad in the chest, but the place where he first dig his claws was deep, although small.

Of course, it made Severus worry. He knew there had to be something wrong about him that day. But the room was all white, how is it that the nurse didn't see the blood while measuring his vitals to discharge him? How didn't he see maybe his blood pressure was a bit lower? Severus performed a spell to make whatever was left of the bleeding stop and asked Pixie to relax Remus' tensed muscles so he could sleep.

That afternoon, while coming to the kitchen to join them for his first meal of the day, they received him very lovingly. It felt great to have them so close, to know he was in a safe environment. This was almost their monthly routine, to have some late afternoon tea and make sure Remus was recovering well. It concerned them more because Remus had no recollection of the scratch after waking up in the afternoon until he changed his clothes.

"Maybe the wolf is frustrated because Teddy won't be like him, I remember feeling so selfish, angry at some point of the night," Remus said weakly from his chair while still wrapped in his light blanket

"Well, tell him to get used to it, Teddy surely can transform himself but not into a werewolf" Pixie said while mixing some cream and sugar in her coffee using a nonverbal spell on the spoon

Remus seemed to have some type of hangover for an extra day or two. But he clearly felt safe and thanked Severus and Pixie all the time for being so kind to him. This is why it was so hard for them to mention to Remus a few days later that within a month or two, Severus would be discharged from the need of having a carer.

They all celebrated, of course. Snape couldn't believe that it took him more than one year to be back on his feet. And at the same time, he also couldn't believe it took him only about a year and some months to be back on his feet. He lost count of how many times he thought he was going to die at the hospital, but here he was, not needing any potions anymore, no more fragments of poison in his blood, no episode for the last six months. He was even able to do some heavy magic now, able to take care of others. He was ready for it.

Remus approached Pixie after she gave him the news, the little witch was tearful.

"You know you will be always welcome here, right Pixie? You're an amazing person and an amazing witch. We would have never done it without you and all your help. I miss you already" Remus said while hugging her, feeling her tuck her tiny face and trembled lips in his chest. Lupin was so tall compared to her.

Obviously, Severus was in line to hug her too. They had done that already, they spoke of it while Remus was recovering from the full moon. But now that Remus knew, it felt more real. Made Severus start to get tearful himself, something that didn't occur when he first heard Ophelia talk to them.

Severus hugged her tightly right after Remus let go of her. It was endearing because she searched for Snape's embrace with her head low and eyes still closed.

"Severus, I... is she right? Are you really ok? Is there anything I could have done better? Can I still do better? Are you ready for real?" she said in a low voice, a little muffled

Never Surrender [ Snape x Lupin ]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara