I'm in the belly of the beast (again)

WARNING: there is a graphic sex scene toward the end of the chapter + secondary character deaths (more or less graphic) (not necessarily in that order). 

You've been warned!

.

.

.

There is a tale of a mysterious island hidden beneath the moonlight. An island only meant to be sought when the time is right. An island where the greatest treasures can be found, for any deemed worthy. But the island's curse isn't to be taken lightly, nor can the island's judgement be avoided.

Every sailor roaming these seas will hear its call. Every sailor will follow its pull and submit themselves to its trial. And every sailor will be dealt their rightful dues.

.

.

.

.

.

Felix held his breath as they finally reached the shore, the dingy safety boat they'd boarded earlier barely even making a noise as it breached the sand. His body didn't even lurch forward as they came to a full stop, which made the uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach grow even more. When their Captain had abruptly decided to change their course to seemingly sail right in the middle of nowhere, no one had been particularly thrilled, but none had dared to protest. Felix hadn't expected they'd find anything, less of all an actual, unmapped island, and he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong with the place.

"Felix!" suddenly barked the Captain. "What are you dawdling around for? Get to work!"

The freckled boy flinched upon being called out, and he immediately scrambled to his feet and began unloading the crates and bags they'd brought from the Levanter. They didn't know for how long they'd stay ashore, and the Captain hated unnecessary trips – they wouldn't go back onboard until it was time to leave.

Just as Felix finished unloading the last of the crates and straightened up, a large bag was abruptly shoved into his arms, making him stumble back. He instinctively glared at Jisung, but his anger quickly deflated as the day-older glared right back with a sneer that didn't hide any of the disdain he felt toward Felix.

"What? Something to say, Cabin Boy?"

Felix simply lowered his head in a sign of submission. Jisung snorted and walked away, leaving his luggage in Felix's hands. Felix glared down at it, but eventually hauled it onto his back. Just as he finished adjusting it, however, none other than Changbin shoved his own bag into his arms and, this time around, Felix did lose his balance. He fell onto his butt, smack in the wet sand... and raucous laughter immediately filled the beach.

Felix didn't even get the chance to get up before a shadow loomed over him, and he gulped, not even daring to lift his head and meet the Captain's stare.

"Are you quite done playing in the sand, Felix?" he drawled coldly. "Get up and get moving already."

"Y- yes, sir. Sorry, sir."

Keeping his head low, the tips of his ears burning with shame, Felix pushed himself back to his feet with noticeable difficulty. He swayed a bit in place, which earned a few more laughs from his crewmates, but the Captain merely scoffed and turned around, gesturing for everyone to follow him. Changbin roughly shoved Felix aside as he walked past him, muttering "deadweight" under his breath, just loud enough for him to hear.