London

When I wake up in the morning I though it was all an dream until I actually open my eyes to see the back of Alice head.  

"Morning" Alice says with a very tired voice when I entered the room. "Morning, I got some breakfast for us to eat here in the room" I say holding up a paper bag and two mugs with coffee. "Ahhh you're an angel!" she says with a smile.

In the middle of the breakfast Alice stops eating and looks at me "Doesn't that guy you're obsessed with live in London?" she says from nowhere. "Freddie Mercury you mean?" I ask.  "Yes exactly" She answers with a grin on her face. "Yes, yes he did- or I mean he does..."

Wait why didn't I think of this before? How did it take so long for me to realise that Freddie Mercury... is here and alive...

"This means I can change everything... I could change everything..." I whisper to myself while Alice just looks at me with a confused look. "What?" she says, trying to get her cheese of the sandwich. "Don't you understand? I could prevent Freddie Mercury from dying, he could live a long healthy life with his husband and get more cats and... and all his fans- they wouldn't have to cry themselves to sleep night after night" I kind of get embarrassed by saying all of this out loud but Alice is listening very carefully.

"Tori, that's a brilliant idea! I mean while we're trying to figure out how to get back home why not do a good cause before?" she says with a wide smile.

We grab our stuff and check out of the hotel. Alice grabs a taxi and I ask the chauffeur to drive us to Garden Lodge at Logan Place. He glances at us with a strange look and nods. It was a good 35 minutes drive and when we arrive I pay the driver and thank him for the ride.

As we're about to walk, Alice stops and lets out a struggling noise. I turn around only to find her on the ground. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I forgot my inhaler" she says breathing very fast. "Okay just put your arms up in the air and try to take as deep breaths as possibly." I say with a calm voice. When she finally able to breath normally again we stand up.

It take a good moment for me to speak because everything still feels unreal, but this- this is just beyond unreal. I'm standing outside Freddie Mercury's house, knowing he's alive inside that house. "Look!" I blurt out pointing at a man who's just a few meters away from the brick wall. "That's Jim Hutton! We gotta go talk to him" I say taking Alices hand and start walking towards him.

Jim is talking to another man leaning against the wall. I believe it's Terry, Freddie Mercury's chauffeur. I slow down as I make eye contact with him. "Um excuse me.. Jim- I mean Mr. Hutton" I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. Alice takes my hand to calm me down a bit. "I need to talk to you".

"I'm sorry, who are you?" he asks with a very confused look. "You don't know me, but I know you" I start off slowly. "First of all you gotta know that I'm not with the press or anything like that. I know that you're dating Freddie, and I know a lot more than just that..."

He looks at me with a very scared look now, almost like he saw a ghost. "How do you know this..?" he says slowly. His face has now turned pale and his eyes are wide open. I can see that Terry is a bit confused too.

"Before you say anything else I want to show you something" I say and unzip my back pack. I hold the book I had brought for the trip, Mercury and me.

"This is a book you wrote about Freddie, just hear me out" I say trying to sound convincing. I open the book and trying to find a page to read from.

"The and of 1983 you and your lover at the moment, John Alexander, was at club called Cocobana in the basement of a hotel in South Kensington. While John went to the Lavatory this guy came up to you, Freddie Mercury. You were 34 and Freddie was about 3 years older than you, he was dressed in  jeans and a white vest, like you. He asked if he could buy you a drink but you declined. When Freddie understood he wasn't going anywhere with you he gave up and when John had arrived back you told him about it. He was thrilled because he realised Freddie Mercury had hit on you, but you didn't even know who he was and saw him as an complete stranger".

Jim is standing frozen with a very scared and emotional look on his face. It looks like he's about to pass out or something. "I- How is this even- Who are you?" He asks with a annoyed look now.

"Like I said, you don't know me, but I'm Tori" I say pulling my hand out for him to shake. "This is my friend Alice and we- well you can't possible freak out more than you already have so I'll just say it. We have traveled from the future".

This doesn't semem to affect Jim so much. Instead he turns to Terry and they blurt into laughter. "From the future?" He asks still laughing hysterically. I give them a serious look and hand over the book to Jim. He opens the book and starts reading a few pages. The more he reads the more his smile drops and in the end he looks like he's about to get sick. Before he comes to the last chapters I snap the book out of his hand and put it back in my backpack.

_________________________

I know, I know that Freddie and Jim were not really 'dating' in 1984 but this is a fanfiction :)

Thank you so much if you've read this far. I can't stop writing because I have this very clear visual, therefor y'all will be getting chapters very fast until its done.