Wild flowers and floating slimes.

Start from the beginning

Avery wouldn't be very happy. That was certain.

Tom didn't bother to announce it. Only Malfoy picked up the hints yesterday when Tom had told him that he would not be going to Hepzibah Smith for the locket.

The boy didn't say much. Tom just told him that Malfoy was free to do whatever he decided. Tom knew that the boys weren't capable of doing much without him. Moreover, they were cowards. They didn't have the strong heart required to take someone's life.

"Tom!"

The said boy halted his steps. He swiftly turned around as soon as Leo's voice echoed through the empty corridors. His chest leapt with a strange feeling making him place his hand on top of his heart unconsciously.

What was this feeling? It made him feel suffocated but not in a threatening way.

He watched as Leo sprinted towards him with the brightest grin. She nearly tripped on her shoelaces but that didn't stop her. Her eyes looked like they were glinting even if the walls blocked the sunlight. Her wild hair flew behind her, bouncing with her steps.

How did the girl manage to look so stupid and yet make him stare at her for longer than needed?

Tom had to take a step back in order to avoid collision with her. By the time she reached him, she was panting heavily. Her hands were on her knees as she tried her very best to catch her breath.

Tom had to look around once to make sure no other students were lurking around. He preferred Leo's presence when they were alone and there were no prying eyes.

Those bright grins that made Tom feel weird in his stomach and the soft glances that she would give him were only meant for his eyes to witness. He didn't want anyone else's heart to beat in presence of Leo.

When Leo finally caught her breath, the big smile returned to her face.

"What did I tell you about running through the corridors?" Tom could help but scold.

"Something along the line of falling and cracking my head apart like a coconut?" She asked with a sheepish grin.

Tom flicked her forehead making her yelp in pain before getting down on one of his knees.

Leo gasped dramatically, "Oh Merlin! I'm not ready for marriage yet, Tom!"

"Do not be so hopeful. I am only tying your shoelaces," he muttered under his breath wondering when will she ever learn to tie them herself.

He pushed himself off the ground and towered over her, "How long do I have to tie them for you?"

Leo raised an eyebrow, "Well, why don't you ever teach me how to tie them?"

Tom stared down at her with a stoic look. In truth, he didn't know how to answer her. Did he even want her to learn?

So, he swiftly turned away from the girl and started walking ahead, "We have potions class together."

Leo started following behind with an excited skip on her step. She looked unusually happy and Tom wondered what was the reason behind that.

"Who were you running away from? Did you find trouble again?" Tom asked while giving her a side glance.

Her face lit up when she remembered the reason as well. She jumped in front of him with two steps making him nearly collide with her once again. Tom shot her a disappointed look which she ignored skillfully.

From the depths of her school robes, she produced what looked like a poorly made bouquet of wildflowers. Little flowers in the colours of white, blue and yellow all bunched together. A few were missing a petal or two and looking a bit wilted.