"Thank you, thank you," he whispered with a raspy voice.

"But listen, Luke," Dr. Claire said as she removed herself from his hug after patting him on the back. "I can't guarantee that she'll wake up soon. It's up to you, her loved ones, to help her battle. There's only so much us doctors can do. Do you understand?" Luke nodded.

"Good. Now go pack your things. You can come visit her tomorrow." Dr. Claire smiled and Luke returned it before heading off. "Oh and Luke," the doctor said making him turn around and look at her questioningly. "Is there anything in particular that Elaine might like? Something you both share in common? That might help." She said before waving and walking away leaving Luke in a puddle of thoughts.

Something we both share in common? Luke pondered as he walked towards his ward. I got it! He froze in his tracks, a wide smile crawling its way onto his lips.

-

-

Luke had woken up with so much excitement in him that he almost fell from his bed. It felt so good to be back at home. Jack had been so emotional the day before when he came to pick Luke up from the hospital and once reaching home he wouldn't let go of Luke from the bone crushing hug. He had then gone to great lengths to make feel Luke better by ordering pizza and stocking the fridge with Luke's favorites. After stuffing himself with pizza, Luke had excused himself and had told Jack that he wanted to get some rest since he had 'the best idea ever that would bring El back' - his exact words - and had gone to bed.

Luke got into the shower after stripping off his clothes and let the warm water run down his body, taking away all the aches along with the flow. Once done, he got into his skinny jeans and threw a grey mayday parade band t-shirt over his head, poking his arms through the armholes and tousling his almost dried up hair before placing a black beanie on his head.

He hurried downstairs to grab some breakfast which was already prepared since Jack knew Luke would be in a rush. He gobbled down his food before taking a couple of sips from his orange juice and headed out.

-

"Dr. Claire!" Luke called out when he saw the doctor walking out of her office.

She looked up and her expression softened into a smile. "Hello, my dear. Here early, hmm?" She said as she walked with him to the ICU.

"Yeah," he chuckled lightly. "I thought about what you said yesterday and I realized exactly what I had to do."

"You did? That's fantastic. I suppose it's a surprise?" She asked with a slight smile.

"Yeah," Luke nodded.

"Alright then. I'll leave you two alone," she said as she let him step into the ICU before softly closing the door.

Luke walked to the corner of the room where he had kept his new guitar the day before and perched himself on the chair which he had sat so many times. He started strumming the guitar, the feeling of exhilaration going through him.

"When I see your smile, tears roll down my face I can't replace," He started singing softly. "And now that I'm strong I have figured out how this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul and I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one. I will never let you fall. I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven. It's okay. It's okay. Its okay."

"Seasons are changing,

And waves are crashing,

And stars are falling all for us.

Days grow longer and nights grow shorter

I can show you I'll be the one," He sang on loudly, strumming his guitar harder before slowing down.

"I will never let you fall. I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all, even if saving you sends me to heaven. Cause you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart. Please don't throw that away," His voice cracked and he stopped to take a deep breath before clearing his throat and carrying on.

"Cause I'm here for you. Please don't walk away and please tell me you'll stay woah, stay woah. Use me as you will. Pull my strings just for a thrill and I know I'll be okay though my skies are turning gray," His fingers were now flying across the guitar so fast, they looked blurred. Tears were flowing down his cheeks and dropping one by one onto his guitar as he continued singing his heart out. This song, this one song, made him feel as if it was the last thing he'll be doing. As if he'll never see this world again. As if his life depended on it.

"I will never let you fall. I'll stand up with you forever. I'll be there for you through it all. Even if saving you sends me to heaven," He finished off slowly and sniffed as he rubbed his tear stained cheeks. "Please, El. Please stay. I - I love you," He started crying as he held onto her hand after placing the guitar on the ground next to him.

He kept letting out loud sobs helplessly when he felt a slight squeeze and looked up bewildered. Ellie was looking at him with half open eyes weakly.

A/N: Oh my gosh you guys, Therapy is 3 reads away from 5.8K :') I cannot thank you all enough for sticking with me through this story! I love you all so much thank you! Every single comment puts a smile on my face so thank you so much! If you liked this chapter then please do drop a vote! c:

Listen to the song while reading the last part! That song is one of my all time favorites!

Dedicated to @rvmjrm26 because she's an amazing person and has stuck by both my stories ever since she found them! Love you loads!

And super cute cover made by the sweetest person ever @Vivibear_2507! Love you sweets! xx

- Pooji