Chapter 18

Shiro's POV

I woke up to the sound of the alarm on my phone. I wasted no time getting out of bed to begin preparing for the day. Kage soon got up to do the same, groaning and complaining about how early it was. He followed me into the bathroom still half asleep before we both began to freshen up.

"I need to take a shower."

"mhm." Was his only reply as he continued to brush his teeth, his eyes closed.

"Meaning get out."

"Come on dude, you're gonna take a million years and I need to get ready too."

"Go ask Gorou and Yufukuna if you can use their bathroom."

"They're probably walking around in there naked, and I dont feel like seeing that first thing in the morning."

"Then go ask Nene and the boss."

"Nene's stuff is probably all over the place in there. the boss most likely doesn't even have any space to do her own thing either." His voice barely came above a murmur as he countered each of my suggestions. I sighed and decided to drop it and hurry to get ready before it was time to leave.

I stepped through the frosted glass shower door before sliding it shut and turning on the water. I closed my eyes to take in the warmth, but the bliss only lasted a few seconds before I heard the shower door open and shut once more.

I looked behind me to see the still half-asleep boy, his eyes closed as he shuffled his way closer to me underneath the water.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I need a shower too."

Without another word I reached up to grab the shower head, increasing the water pressure before turning the water cold and aiming it at the boy's face.

He gurgled and choked as the water made its way into his nostrils, effectively waking him up.

"The hell was that for?!"

"You looked like you some needed help waking up. That's all." I shrugged and restored the shower head, leaving the water cold.

"You're a lunatic. Who showers in freezing cold water?"

"If you dont like it get out."

"..."

____

It was around seven when everyone finally assembled in the dining room. There were plates of food at each seat around the table. The group began to converse about the plans for the day while eating, though I remained silent.

"What do you think Shiro?"

"About what?"

"About the plans for today of course. Weren't you listening?!" Nene whined and I shrugged.

"Anything is fine with me as long as (Y/n) has fun."

"Right..."

______

We ended breakfast and hurried out of the hotel to catch our bus. Today's plan was to hike through the country's national park.

The bus was almost packed with people smashed together, some sitting on the floor in the aisle. It wasn't exactly what I had pictured for the expedition but who was I to complain?

"This bus reeks." Kage opened the window and stuck his head out of it. I smacked the back of his head, almost sending him falling out.

"What the hell dude?!"