OO3.

absit omen.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

OO3.

Shall none speak

"Hey, Steve."

"You see this?" said Steve, pointing at the television.

"How many phones do you have?"

"Two, why?"

Steve gasped at the question of Dustin and Max, who just had stepped into the Family Club. Dustin was rather pale and Maxine looked absolutely dead. Was she alright ? He highly doubted it and his paternal instinct rang the bell quick, though he decided to shut it. "Someone was murdered."

"How many phones do you have?"

"Two. Why?" demanded Steve, incredulous.

"Technically three, if you count Keith's." jumped Robin in.

"What are you-..."

"Yeah, three works."

Dustin toggled his bag on his shoulder, jumping on the counter right after as Steve and Robin got right on time, drifting away to safety. "No, no, no, my tapes!" Now on the shop's computer, Dustin was typing furiously on the keyboard of the Family Club.

"My pile !" complained Robin.

"What are you doing, man?!" shouted Steve in annoyance, almost anger.

"Setting up a base of operations here."

Steve opened his mouth numerous times, speechless, trying to find the words to form a mere phrase. "Base of operations?! Get off."

"I need it," insisted Dustin with a begging stare.

"For what?"

"Eddie's friends' phone number."

Jealously emerged in Steve as soon Dustin had mentionned the other adult in his life. He always kind of felt like Dustin replaced him in some way, and it made his heart ache. Henderson was a best friend to him, and god knows how saddened Steve's been when Eddie Munson stepped in the existence of Dustin.

Besides, he didn't trust him much neither, Eddie was rather creepy. To him, at least.

"Your new best friend you think is cooler because he plays your nerdy game?"

"Yes, I never said that."

Irritated by the agitation, Robin turned around and grabbed Dustin's shoulder. "Seriously, you guys, maybe on a Monday you can play around, but it's Saturday. It's our busiest day."

"Robin, I empathize, but this cannot wait."

"Oh my god. Calling Eddie's friends is an emergency?"

Dustin genuinely smiled at her assumption. "Correct!"

***

Serving customers after customers, Danielle tried to get rid of the images of last night. Steve had been adorable towards her, and she was thankful of that, but her mind was away during her shift. When her boss had asked where the hell she was yesterday, Danielle responded she felt sick after the announcement of the murder of Chrissy Cunningham. Which let the latter suspicious, but didn't try digging farther than that.

Therefore, today's service was a way for her to take accountability for her absence. She overworked herself, but due to the curfew that's been installed for the main streets occupants, she could leave earlier. Going back and forth between the tables, the woman had spotted the grandfather clock once or twice in the corner of the gigantic room she was in.