OO2.

absit omen.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

OO2.

vecna's curse

"Then Vicki laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh, either. It was like... Like it was a genuine laugh ?"

"It's my Muppet Show, it's hilarious."

Robin rolled her eyes.

"My point is that Vicki laughed and everything was just like...- It was perfect."

Steve widened his eyes, waiting for her to go further. "But?"

"But I'm having this problem, where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say, and the words keep spilling out my mouth. Or rather, my mouth is moving faster than my brain. I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I? "

"Yeah yeah, you are."

Robin exhales, disappointed in herself. Desperate as well.

"Oh, I'm hopeless."

"Eh. It's okay, a lot of people are," comforted Steve gently.

"Ugh, if only we could, like... Combine."

"Combine?"

Robin turned around, facing her friend with a demonic smile, genuinely contented by her idea. A tingly sensation of stress tickled Steve's stomach at Robin's words, mixed with curiosity. "No, think about it. I know exactly what I want, and I've found the girl of my dreams. But I just can't ask her out. You found what you wanted and found the girl of yours. Now we can teach other what we know best : you teach me how to get a girlfriend, I teach you how to better keep yours."

Steve chuckled, gifting her of a look purely made of surprise. "You assume I can't keep a girl?"

"You could benefit from some lessons."

Steve gave a pout, not appreciating what she was saying, but decided to not mind further. "Mhm."

"You've been to a million dates. So, if we combine, problem solved. I mean, alone, let's admit it... We both totally suck."

"Totally and utterly."

Robin sprinted throughout the alleys full of televised stories, and picked up one, quickly going back to Steve. The latter glanced at the cover of the film, arching an eyebrow. "Oh, I think I found our morning movie. Doctor Zhivago."

"Ugh, you know I don't do double VHS."

"But it's about doomed love !"

"Oh, well, that's relatable," answered Steve sarcastically.

"Precisely ! And Julie Christie is b-bonkers hot in this. Like, seriously, the most beautiful creature I've seen in my life," dreamed Robin, eyes to the ceiling and lost in her thoughts.

They both jumped backwards at the sound of the doors smashing against the windows and then between each other. Danielle Cadwell had broken into the video club, a look of worry and fear glued on her face. "Guys, guys, turn on the TV, quick !"

She threw her bag at Steve, she was still wearing her working uniform. The brown-haired man hurried and did as he was told.

"We're in the Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County. We don't have a lot of details now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning.