History, Geography, and Superheroes

Note: medium-gray lines represent major subway or other transportation lines

Note: medium-gray lines represent major subway or other transportation lines. Circles along the lines represent stations (where people may get on/off). In places where the lines overlap with water (dark-gray), assume that the tunnels there are deep enough to pass under the water or that there is a bridge connecting across the water.

The SMP is a large metropolitan area with a population close to four million. It is comprised of five main districts, with the headquarters of law enforcement, the main subway station, the city's only legal nether portal, and the airport located in close proximity to City Central. Between the districts are farms, small towns, and forests. The districts are connected through a series of subway lines, all leading to the main station in Central City. The SMP as a whole is famous for its many superheroes* that uphold the laws of the city. Though some form of law enforcement is mandatory in all districts, the wealth gap between the richest and poorest neighborhoods is exponential, leading to some districts having virtually no crime while others have incredibly high crime rates.

The richest of the districts is Kinoko, located to the west of City Central. Only the richest of SMP citizens can afford to live in Kinoko. It is famous for its library, containing hundreds of thousands of literary works. Located under the district is an underground tunnel system that may be used in the case of a natural disaster or other emergency. Kinoko Station is the only connection between City Central and rural town of Badlands to the South.

Las Nevadas is located to the North-West of City Central. Las Nevadas is the only district built on a desert, leading to its low humidity and arid climate. This district is famous for its numerous casinos. Its economy relies heavily on the tourism industry, with a GDP higher than any other district. Las Nevadas has the highest wage gap of all SMP districts. The income of politicians, casino owners, and others in the top ten-percent can be compared to that of the average Las Nevadas citizen with a ratio of 30:1. Exclusive clubs can be found among the district's many skyscrapers.

SMP's largest manufacturing district is Snowchester. Located to the North-East of City Central, Snowchester has the coldest climate of all districts. The temperature is typically below freezing and has been known to stay sub-zero in the winter, making exposure deadly at night. The only nuclear plant in The SMP is located in Snowchester, as well as a nuclear bomb factory. Snowchester is the smallest and most isolated main district.

The district of L'Manburg is the poorest of The SMP's districts, located to the South-East of Central City. L'Manburg receives the greatest annual rainfall of the five districts. In the past, it attempted to separate itself from the greater SMP. In the process, L'Manburg became an area devastated by poverty. It has the lowest average income in The SMP, paired with the highest crime rates. Prior to its revolution, L'Manburg was famous for its trade and musical culture.

*Superheroes, also known simply as heroes, are individuals registered with the Hero's Association who use their powers to enforce The SMP's laws. Superpowers usually manifest between the ages of fifteen and eighteen, and are present in about five-percent of the population. Those with powers are scouted by the Hero's Association, and are then trained in using their powers for good. Wealth is a major incentive for becoming a hero, as major heroes may earn as much as or even more than important political leaders.

Those with superpowers are similar but different from hybrids: those who are both human and at least one other species. Hybrids may also become heroes, but represent less than one-percent of the total population. The hunting of hybrids has been outlawed for nearly a century, though the act is still practiced illegally outside of the major districts. The most common hybrids are those of passive animals, though cases of hostile mob hybrids have become more common in recent years. All hybrids more closely resemble humans than their mob counterparts, and have been found to have slightly higher average intelligence than non-hybrid individuals.

A/N: Hello! I hope that this light insight into this AU will help you as you read this book. This information is semi-explained within the story, but having everything written here is a lot easier for me, and probably you (the reader) too. As you can see, the layout of The SMP is based on the actual map of the DreamSMP. I tried my best to keep all concepts of districts and such similar to that of the DSMP, so let me know how I did! The map of L'Manburg alone is important later in the story to visualize where [Y/N] is and what they (you) see. I spent way too long drawing out these maps and making up this information, so please let me know if it was helpful!