Page 13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

-

Stood in front of the mirror.

My eye bugs were big as ever. Shit. The world felt like it stopped. The cloud in my mind grew bigger, the pores on my skin felt like it became wider, my eyes dilated in the dark, abyss-like room.

It seems that only one thought would cross my busy mind.

Y/N.
Y/N.
Y/N.

You.. You are the source to my comfort, the only person that makes me feel this kind of.. way. You interest me, Y/N L/N.

I can't imagine living a life without you.

I love you, Y/N. My best friend. A hero to me and my family. The person that made me feel complete.

And here, I hope you never leave me.

-

Camilo stood at the gate, waiting for some possible chore to do.

He has been ignored by some of the struggling townspeople who he has offered to help, and was only given glares and spiteful stares.

They ignore his existence completely, whether out of hatred or not, Camilo hates it. He despises it.

It plays with his mind. Do they not know who I am? Do I even exist to them? Sighing in frustration, the shapeshifter slammed his hand on the metal gate, slightly bruising his own wrist.

He didn't give a damn about it. Tía Julieta can fix it, she always does. Though, he can't think of a good excuse for his randomly bruised wrist.

Fuck it. He'll figure it out.. probably.

He decided he'll just go to your house. You'll understand, you always understood his struggle... right?

-

"I still don't understand why you had to hit that poor gate." Camilo gave you a frustrated look as you tended with his injury.

"I was angry, then I hit the gate. Is that not a subtle enough story for you, Y/N?" He asked you, looking absolutely fed up with you and your concerned questions.

Why did I come here? Would have been better to go to Tía Julieta for a healing. The shapeshifter asked himself through thought, regretting the choices of coming here.

You looked at him with utter disbelief, "I'm just playing with you, Cami! Really, what is going on with you today?" you asked, further annoying the boy.

"I'm just.. really not in the mood today, Cariño.. Just- Just leave it." Liar. He wanted to tell you that he was suffering, being pushed to his breaking point.

He needed to be comforted badly. He needed your comfort. He just can't find the right words to say it, but he really wanted to.

Camilo just stood there with guilt in his emerald eyes, freckled cheeks flushed with two big red stains of blush. He looked adorably miserable.

You wanted to figure out what was going on with him, fix the problems he's facing.

"Cami.." You mumbled, "What's going on..? Just a few weeks ago you were yourself, now you're.. not." Camilo froze. I've never been myself.

Shaking his head, he replied, "I told you, Y/N. It's nothing." He then stood up to announce that he was leaving.

You just sat there, concerned, watching as he walked out of your room and eventually, out of your house.

What's going on with that kid?

-

A week after, Camilo completely avoided your presence. He didn't even go to your older sister's birthday the other day.

It made you feel sick.

Was it because of that day? You didn't recall doing anything wrong.. Why is Camilo suddenly ignoring you?

You feel so lonely without his joyful presence. You missed the old Camilo. Flirty one, a total douche at times, but you loved him like that.

It felt as if he was a completely different person, a stranger.

The others are completely oblivious to what's going on with him. They call it, Camilo on his period, as if it happened before.

It hasn't. It wasn't like the times you and Camilo got into fights, because he would always apologize by giving you flowers and eccentric gifts.

This Camilo was different.

You would occasionally catch him standing in front of a nearby tree, fingers clenching into fists, looking rather tense.

Until he would suddenly shift into different forms, all seemingly distorted and grotesque, which weirded you out.

It was until he would grumble in frustration, walking away from the tree without letting anyone even get a small glimpse of his face.

Camilo was definitely not okay.

I should talk to Mirabel about it.. Maybe she'll know what's going on with him.

-

"Perdón, Y/N, I don't really.. know what's going on with him either." You nodded, carefully listening.

"Camilo.. he isn't the type to show his inner feelings, especially when someone's in need. He prefers putting others before himself, which is probably one reason why he's acting up now."

Mirabel continues, "I'm also as worried as you are.. But I'm very very sorry if I can't help you that much. I would wanna at least repay for helping me a couple of months ago."

Sweetly smiling, you replied.

"You don't have to, Mira. I know how much you care about Camilo, and you know how much I care about him." Your cheeks sprinkled with a tiny blush.

"I just can't keep quiet about this whole thing, so I know you'll listen to me, you always do."

Mirabel almost had tears in her eyes, so she stood up from her seat and went to hug you. You hugged her back.

"Just.. bring him back, please." You could tell tears were already rolling down her eyes.

You tightened your grip on her as you whispered, "I will, Mirabel, I will.."

I will bring him back. I'll do anything to get him back.

-

(Note: How's it going? I know it's been a while since I last updated, so I wanted to come back with a little gift! No pun intended. I'm hoping you all enjoyed the new chapter, it took long but it's here! Chapter 14 will be up next in a couple of weeks so don't wait for too long. Have a nice day!! :D)

-

END.