Page 01

CHAPTER ONE.

-

"Bang!"

A loud thud woke you up. It came from the window, which was slightly open. You looked at it to find the source of the sudden noise.

And not to your surprise, your best friend, Camilo, was outside, knocking on your window.

"What?" You asked, opening the window to where he comes in. "I wanted to ask if you wanna hang out." He quietly said, playing with his fingers.

You sighed, "This early in the morning?" you asked as you lightly nudged his shoulder.

"And what's wrong with that, cariño?" He asked mockingly.

He likes to call you dear as a way of giving nicknames. You on the other-hand, "What is wrong with you, estúpido?" You glared.

He chuckled, hitting you on the bicep. "Ayyy te quiero, Y/N! (Love you, Y/N!)" He jokingly replied, shapeshifting into you in the process.

"Idiota." You said before going to the wardrobe to get clothes.

You hear your best friend chuckling and shapeshift back, and you turn around to see him looking at you, grinning.

"What?" You asked. "Are you gonna change in front of me?" He said, still holding that god-awful grin that you so wanted to punch off his face.

You scoffed. "Close your eyes dumbass!" You shoved him, and turned around to change. He chuckled and turned away,

You sighed, changing to your daytime clothes. "Soo.." Camilo started, "Where should we hang out?" he asked.

Camilo looked out the window, seeing the wonderful garden you and your parents had made. "How about the market place?" You suggested, glancing at the mirror to see him nod in approval.

"Sure!" He replied.

You both headed to the window,

Camilo first climbed out, and held out a hand for you to grab. "Grab my hand, mi Princesa/Príncipe." You rolled your eyes before taking it, climbing out as he helped.

"Gracias, mi caballero de brillante armadura. (Thank you, my knight in shining armor.)" You mockingly said in return. He grinned, and still remained a gentle hold of your hand.

You both walked to the designated area. Seeing all the busy people, running around, selling flowers and whatever's to others, it made you feel some type of joy.

You hadn't realized that you and Camilo were holding hands, so you questioned the stares that people gave you. It made you feel a bit anxious..

You arrived to a food stall, that belonged to Julieta, Camilo's aunt.

"Tía!" He greeted, as the busy woman looked to our direction, but her gaze was towards you and Camilo's intertwined hands.

She smiled, "Oh! hola hijo! Is there.. something you need to tell me?" She asked, glancing back up at you.

You raised an eyebrow, not really knowing what she meant until you took a peak at what she had her eyes on.

Your face flushed out of embarrassment, and unlocked your hand from his. "Uh!- I-I mean.. it's not what it looks li-" Your voice muffled as you covered your mouth with a handkerchief.

Julieta laughed, "It's ok Y/N, no need to be embarrassed!" she reassuringly said. "Did you eat breakfast yet? Want some arepas or empanadas?" She asked, grabbing two bowls of the dishes she suggested.

You grabbed one each, and Camilo seemed to have a handful. "Oh Y/N hasn't eaten yet!" Camilo said, shoving the snacks in his mouth.

"Ay ay ay, be careful hijo, you might choke." Julieta smacked her nephew's head gently. You laughed, gently smacking his head as well.

"Hey! Stop that!" He said, with a look as if he were about to cry. "Aww, there there! Don't cry." You playfully comforted.

Julieta smiled at the chemistry, "Y/N! Do you wanna eat at the casita? We can all eat together." She offered,

"Oh sure! I would love to.." You complied, and the three of you went to the casita to eat.

-

"Are you sure you can eat this much, Cami?" You asked with concern.

Your best friend shrugged, "See, Y/N, I like to call this type of eating, a mukbang!" He said, exaggerating the 'mukbang' part.

What the hell is a 'mukbang'? Is that some kind of disease- You mentally asked yourself. You shrugged it off and sat next to Camilo.

Abuela came to the table, greeting you in the process.

"I see we have a guest! Hola Y/N." She politely greeted. "Hola, Señora Alma.." you quietly replied,

"Will you be at the ceremony tomorrow night?" Abuela asked, "Of course. I would never miss it, especially because my favorite Madrigal is getting a gift!" You exclaimed excitedly.

You heard Camilo gasped, as if his heart had broken. "I thought I was your favorite.." He frowned in sadness. You could only sit back and coo.

"Don't worry, Cami. You're my most favorite Madrigal." You comforted the heart-broken boy. You both laughed and continued to eat.

You couldn't ignore the constant glances from the other Madrigals, it made the anxiousness you felt come back.

Is it my face? Or my hair..? Ohh.. I didn't get to brush it.. You cried in your own thoughts. "Cariño? You good?" Camilo asked.

"O-oh sí! I'm okay." You stuttered, "Okay then.." Camilo trailed and continued to eat his food.

You did as well, chatting with each other until the end of time.

-

END.