Page 05

CHAPTER FIVE.

-

"So this is Bruno's room?" You looked around. "Well, the first part of his room I guess." Mirabel reached out for the sand.

"Casita, can you turn off the sand?" Mirabel asked the moving house. The tiles moved, "You can't.. help it in here?" How'd she understand that by a bunch of tiles moving?

"So who's going first?" You asked. "I will. If it counts to save the magic." Mirabel walked towards the entrance of the entire room, entering it, then falling.

You heard the thud. "Hey Casita, take care of my lunch." You took the lunchbox your mother gave you earlier and gave it to the tiles. It soon moved and slid down to the kitchen.

"Make sure no one eats it, okay?" The tiles moved, "I'll take that as an 'okay'.." you placed your bag over your head, peaking out to see Mirabel looking over at you.

"You okay down there?" You asked. She gave you a thumbs up.

You placed your feet on the sand, before sitting on it, sliding down. Your best friend huffed, "That is way better than what I just did.." she mumbled.

You laughed, "Alright.." you looked up, eyes widening as you see the many stairs that were in the room.

"Welp." You frowned. "Do we still need to do this?" You looked over at Mirabel. "If it's for saving the magic, my family, and this whole town, yes." She said, making you sigh.

"I love your determination, my friend." You patted her shoulder.

You two set off as Mirabel started singing her song from yesterday.

-

"A-are we there yet?" You breathlessly asked.

Mirabel hummed. "Wait.. we are!" She exclaimed. Oh thank goodness..

You looked up, grinning, only to see a huge gap in between the stairs and the way to the cave. You pouted. "Dear lord, why?" You muttered.

"Wait, I have an idea." Mirabel broke off a piece of the railing, turning it into a lasso and lassoed it onto a piece of stoned somewhere.

"Hold on." You grabbed onto her shoulders. "When I count from one to three, we jump." She said, "B-but how do we get back to the other side after?" You asked.

"I-.. didn't think of that.. we'll find a way, Y/N." You nodded.

"Okay, in one.. two.. three!" The two of you Indiana Jones'd your way to the other side. Mirabel made it safely across, but you..

You were hanging off the edge. "Uh.. Mirabel? Can you please.. help?" Mirabel turned around, "Oh my- hold on. I can pull you up." You didn't bother looking down.

You were grabbing on two wooden poles.

Mirabel managed to pull you up. "Thanks.. you're surprisingly strong." You laughed.

She chuckled. Suddenly, a toucan flew onto your shoulder, taking you by surprised. You screamed,

"Oh.. it's just you." You sighed.

The two of you approached the entrance of the cave. "This looks.. creepy." You mumbled.

"Soo, who's going in first?" You asked your best friend. "You can stay here, I'll go in." Mirabel replied.

"Are you sure?" Mirabel nodded. "Just don't leave." You chuckled, "Of course I won't." you petted the toucan that was now sitting on the ground.

You looked towards your best friend, "Be careful." Mirabel looked back at you, nodding.