ROGUE C. ∕︎ sherlock's spies (oneshot)

Start from the beginning

"Uh-oh Rogue, she's leaving." Frosch points out, while Sting groans in his own form of disappointment. "You seriously haven't told her how you feel yet? Man, you have the worst game ever." He snickered.

"I have good game, I think. I'm just... taking my time- I don't know, shut up." Rogue sighs, face planting into his crossed arms that were placed on the table.

"Well, she's admirable I'll admit, going on an S-Class mission solo — being S-Class in general, she's really amazing." Yukino smiles, catching the pairs attention.

"Yeah, she really is." Rogue says, staring down into his mug of whatever alcoholic drink Sting had gathered for the group.

"Oh my god, enough moping! You look like you're gonna cry!" Sting stands up from his chair in a rather dramatic nature — then again, this is Sting we're talking about.

He grabbed the back of Rogue's clothing, dragging him out of the doors of Sabertooth. "Ah- Wait! Where are you guys going?!" Yukino asks, feeling a bit out of place as she embarrassingly yelled after the boys.

"A spying mission!" Sting yelled back, before the doors closed behind a sobbing Rogue being dragged out by the blonde.

After hours of spying on your S-Class mission, the dragon slayer pair thought they were quite sneaky. However, you had felt them spying the first five minutes they found you.

You didn't mind though, honestly it was rather nice seeing them even if you had to be extra cautious to protect both yourself and them now that they decided to tag along.

"What are we even doing here??" Rogue whispers, watching Sting with his binoculars as he sighed deeply — embarrassed to be with him at the moment.

"Well, we're waiting for the perfect time for you to confess your undying love and affection to your soulmate." Sting grins, setting down his binoculars down on the grass.

"(Y/n)'s sarcastic nature is rubbing off on you." Rogue jokes, peaking through the bushes as he watches you talk with who seems to be the leader of a village about the mission.

"Oh are you gonna fall in love with me too now? Is my sarcastic nature appealing to you Rogue my love?" Sting asks, blinking his eyes as he puckers up his lips, Rogue immediately hit him in the arm to shut him up.

By now people were looking at the rustling bushes in confusion but you were just awkwardly smiling trying to keep focused on the job.

"Guess I'll put on some gloss next time, hubby." Sting says in a high pitch voice, rubbing the shoulder that was hit. "Or would you prefer lipstick—"

"Sting if you don't shut up I'm gonna break your arm not just hit it." Rogue sighs, noticing you had disappeared. "Woah wait we lost her!" Sting whisper yelled.

"This was a terrible idea to begin with, we look like perverts." Rogue sighed, "Let's just go home, maybe next year I can actually just ask her out like a normal person." He set the binoculars down and stood up, walking back in the direction of the guild.

Sting hated to see his best friend like this, gloomy and sad over not having the courage to ask a girl he liked out, it pained Sting to know he couldn't really help.

And if he did, and talked to you about it he'd only make matters worse by giving Rogue more things to worry about - or worse, making Rogue look pathetic.