Chapter (2/5): An Idol Debut

Start from the beginning

____________________________________

As they walked inside into the contest hall and made their way to their seats, they talked about a few things like what she's currently up to and how Max is doing, turns out Max started his journey four months ago.

May explained how she met Serena in the first place.

Turns out Serena's first contest in Hoenn happened in Rustboro and when she first signed up, May actually ran into her and showed her the ropes of being a coordinator. She gave her advice and seeing how she won her first contest. She could tell Serena had a lot of potential, the two of them eventually became good friends and traveled together with May taking up the role of a mentor. One night, Serena mentioned her reason for becoming a coordinator and how she talked about her Kalos journey (note she didn't mention Ash, Clemont or Bonnie by name), May then revealed her early experiences as a coordinator and showed her her half of a contest ribbon, she mentioned how her and Ash (also wasn't mentioned by name) won this in a tie. She also commented on how Ash was her mentor and a good friend.

The two of them didn't know they were talking about Ash by the time after the Grand Festival. May stopped travelling with Serena by the time she earned her third ribbon and went their separate ways. May wanted to face her at her best when the Grand Festival came along, how she learned of Serena's crush for her raven-haired friend from Kanto. It was Lisia, she spilled the beans.

(A/N: Okay, that should be enough context to explain May's appearance in this story, hope this helped)

By the time they made it to their seats, they just had to wait for it all to start. Ash and May continued to talk for a bit.

"You know i had a feeling she would run into you eventually, and i assume she met Dawn also?"

"Those two developed a friendly rivalry, while they taught each other some things in return", May explained while adding, "Dawn wanted to be here in person too, but she received the news late"

"Oh..."

"Don't worry, this entire event is live, so Dawn can watch from wherever she is"

[Pokemon Center, Unknown City & Region]

Meanwhile wherever our dark blue-haired coordinator is, it was early in the morning (so early in fact, the sun isn't up yet) and in one rooms found in the second floor. Dawn could be seen sitting at the edge of her bed watching the live broadcast from Lilycove on TV. She was noticeably tired and Piplup was sitting on her lap, barely awake.

"I hate timezones...", Dawn said to herself as a yawn escaped from her mouth.

"Pi... plup...", Piplup answered tirelessly as he shut his eyes.

____________________________________

Going back to Ash, May, Goh & Chloe. The four of them continued to wait for the show to begin, and after about 5-10 minutes, it was about to start.

"And now, as we light the stage this afternoon here in Lilycove City, making their debut as an idol duo before you all. Presenting, Blooming Heart!"

The announcer on the P.A announced as spotlights pointed towards the center of the stage, and as a platform from the center emerged, so did Lisia and Serena, along with their pokemon Ali, Delphox, Pancham & Sylveon.

"Ali, use mist!"

Best thing i can say to start: their performance started on a silent note, with Ali blowing mist around the two coordinators and their pokemon. The audience, especially Ash and his friends were wondering what were they up to.