28 • happy ending

♣︎𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪 𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘♣︎

♣︎𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪 𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘♣︎

bae joohyun

a year after.

back to my new friends, i was spending most of my time with sooyoung. younghoon was in fact really friendly and hyunjae was nice as always. i was really happy, with them and with sunwoo.

it felt like a fairytale, and not feeling juyeon next to me anymore was really the best thing that happened in my life. finally free. sunwoo was now a photographer, he was really talented.

"joo!! come on, we'll be late!" this time, it was sumwoo who hurried me up, we had to meet his parents today, and to make it simple, i was outrageously nervous.

"i'm ready! let's go!" i smiled and joined him next to the car. i could tell he was also nervous, and maybe even more than me. although, he took my hands in his, opening the door for me like a real gentleman.

he immediately turned the engine on and he started to drive. we were late.

"hey, my baby. i know that my parents are really odious but… i wanted to introduce my wife to them…" he trailed off, waiting for a reaction from me.

i nodded and caressed his shoulder.

"i understand. you haven't talked much about them, i guess i also want to meet them." i shrugged, staring happily at the ring we both had around our fingers.

he smiled back and focused on the road, his hand placed on my thigh.

when we arrived, a big villa welcomed us. i gulped slightly, but sunwoo was right behind me, his arms wrapped around my body as he left pecks on my cheek.

"let's go?" he said, spreading his hand out for me to take.

i nodded silently and he led me to the front door. really expensive decorations could be visible from the outside, it was like a dream house.

he was about to knock on the door, but a middle aged woman opened first. i identified her as my husband's mother.

"oh honey… and..?" she didn't waste her time to ask me questions already.

"his wife. i'm sunwoo's wife." i replied, i sensed the red haired man stepped even closer to me, i felt safe like that.

she softened her facial expression and let us enter right after, just like sunwoo had warned me, she was acting weird.

on the big sofa, his father was sipping wine. that vision surprised me, so i turned my head to sunwoo. his hands were on my waist, calming me down.

"ah! our son's here!" his father cheered and stood up, walking to us. "who's this pretty woman?" i pressed my lips in a thin line at his sentence, feeling uncomfortable.

"she's my wife. her name is joohyun." sunwoo moved his hands to grab mine. his lips formed a shy smile and he cleared his throat. we both wanted to leave. "we… we are just passing by, we have in fact a lot of things to do."

he chuckled awkwardly and i joined him, i didn't want to talk more to his parents. his father glared at us, obviously judging our behavior.

"already?!" his mother shouted from the kitchen.

"yeah… we'll get going then!" he answered back and quickly led me to the entrance door. "coming here was a mistake." he muttered when we passed the door.

his hand was trembling, i guess the awkwardness of the exchange wasn't the only reason for the precipitated departure.

"it doesn't matter, let's not come here if you're uncomfortable with it." i assured him and he nodded. being in daegu brought back memories for both of us.

he smiled at me and came closer, crashing his lips on mine in a passionate kiss. my hand caressed his soft hair, i inhaled the sweet scent of his perfume.

"hey, lovebirds." a voice interrupted us, sunwoo ended the kiss to turn to the voice, it was juyeon.

instinctively, i hid behind sunwoo, sunwoo out his hands on my back

"don't come near." sunwoo threatened, eyeing him with anger. somehow, he seemed changed.

"oh- i didn't want to scare you… i just saw you here, i wanted to know if you guys were okay.. actually i… i'm in a detoxification center so… please don't be scared of me…" he said, showing a medical bracelet on his wrist as a proof of what he was saying.

he smiled sadly and sunwoo and i shared a glance.

"how is it there?" sunwoo asked,unsure.

"it's fine. it's honestly fine. uh- it's almost curfew, i need to get back to the hospital. joohyun-ah." he called me out, to which i replied with a hum. "i'm really sorry for what i made you endure, and i know that you won't forgive me like that, but i am sure that you will be happy with sunwoo."

he smiled one more time and started to walk in the opposite way. it was like he was a complete new person, a better one.

"are you okay..?" sunwoo whispered, cupping my cheeks with his soft hands.

"i am. thank you.." i wrapped my arms around him, engulfing him in a tight hug.

end.

• okay guys this is probably not the definitive end, i may change it someday, i'm pretty sure of it actually. anyway i really hope you like it? please give me feedback 🙏

 anyway i really hope you like it? please give me feedback 🙏

🎉 You've finished reading 𝙉𝙤𝙩 𝘽𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 // 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘽𝙤𝙮𝙯 𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙬𝙤𝙤 ✔️ 🎉