27 • red

♣︎𝕣𝕖𝕕♣︎

♣︎𝕣𝕖𝕕♣︎

bae joohyun

a month after i came back to jeju, i was hanging out a lot with hyunjae and his friends. but today was very special for me. i told joonyoung that sunwoo was arriving here today, so i asked him if he could drive me to the airport. i was lucky, because he wasn't working that day.

without wasting a minute, i brought my brother with me, pulling him to his car.

"joohyun… we're obviously gonna be there in time… calm yourself down…" he complained calmly and finally got in the car.

i was so excited. i missed sunwoo so bad, all i wanted was to see him. joonyoung drove to the airport, finding a spot in the big parking lot.

"he should be here in 10 minutes." i said as i opened the door of the car. i grabbed my bag and walked to my brother's side.

he patted my shoulder and we walked to the airport hall. i started to know this airport well, i honestly didn't know how many times i came here, but i guessed it was many. when we got there, we waited at the entrance because there were so many people if we went farther.

after waiting for a few minutes, i got a message from sunwoo.

~~~

sunwoo ❤
0XX-XXX-XXXX

sunwoo ❤
i just arrived. i guess you're at the entrance right?

me
yes!

sunwoo ❤
see you there then.

~~~

i smiled and looked at the crowd, but i was sure that i wouldn't see him coming. suddenly a man stood in front of me. his red hair was really bright. i didn't recognize him until he removed his mask. he chuckled softly before saying

"it's me." he said and i gasped.

"sunwoo-ah!" i smiled and ran to him, wrapping my arms around his chest. he hugged me back as he caressed my arms. "you dyed your hair." i stated.

"yeah. do you like it? i wanted to try something very different." he explained and let go of me.

instead, he grabbed my hand softly. i looked at his red hair, it suited him very well.

"yeah, it's very pretty." i said honestly and he smiled, giving my lips a peck.

"hi joonyoung." sunwoo looked at my brother, who was standing behind me.

joonyoung walked to us and quickly hugged him. i was surprised, he used to not like him.

"let's go guys." my brother started to leave so sunwoo and i followed. his arm around my shoulder, he was hugging me from the back as we were heading to the car again.

i looked up at him, he was looking at me too. his black eyes were absorbing mine, i was hypnotized by his look. he broke the stare with a smirk on his lips, caressing my waist gently.

"how have you been?" he asked as we reached the car.

"well… good? i just followed my online class, so it wasn’t very interesting. but at least i made some new friends." i got in to sit on the backseat with him, joonyoung turning on the engine right away.

sunwoo nodded at my words, i could see that he was happy for me, from the way he smiled or looked at me sweetly.

"for me it was so  boring without you… i'm over the moon now that i can hold you in my arms." he whispered and put his security belt on. he then grabbed my hand and put it on my thigh.

i smiled but got interrupted by joonyoung as i wanted to answer. my brother started to drive while smirking at us, i believed that he was happy for me too.

"i'm right here guys… just keep your cringy things for yourself…" he joked and focused on the road.

after a glance at sunwoo, i leaned on the window and looked at the buildings we were passing by.

as i saw the house of my brother on the side. i turned to the other side to see a sleeping sunwoo. i giggled to myself, of course he was tired from the month he had passed.

"sunwoo-ah… wake up…" i slightly shook his shoulder to wake him up. his eyes fluttered open and he smiled when he saw me.

"oh- are we there already?" he asked as he wasn't fully awake.

joonyoung opened his door and walked to the house, i nodded my head and sunwoo rubbed his eyes.

quickly, he got out of the car too and he waited for me to do the same.

"come with me." i took his hand in mine and we entered the house. he was always close to me, and i actually liked it. the closeness.

"joohyun." he called me when i stood by the fridge. i hummed in reply and he pulled himself closer. "do you mind if i go to your bedroom to rest a little? i know i just got here but i know how i am when i'm tired. i don't want to be grumpy when i'm with you." he stole me a kiss and put his head on my shoulder.

i turned my head to him and softly brushed his red hair.

"sure, go ahead." i said and he smiled, slowly walking to the bedroom.

joonyoung looked at him leaving and he walked to me. his hands in his pockets, he leaned on the wall and smiled again.

"the red changes him." he told me as he referred to his hair. i chuckled and nodded vividly. "by the way, i'm out tonight. i'm gonna sleep at a friend's so… the house is yours."