15 • friend

♣︎𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕♣︎

♣︎𝕗𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕕♣︎

bae joohyun

the next day was much calmer, i came back to my old apartment and stayed alone for a moment. of course, i wasn't totally alone, it was like this for over 5 months after all. someone had knocked at the door. i gulped and walked to the front door, i licked my lips before opening with hesitation. i sighed in relief when i saw chanhee’s and his girlfriend's, miyoung, figure in front of me. the man smiled and put his hand on his nape.

"we scared you, didn't we?" he asked as he leaned on the wall next to the door

"no… of course not!" i replied with assurance and opened the door wider. they stepped inside, inspecting my tiny home. i closed the door behind them and made them sit on the couch.

the pink haired boy looked at me, his eyes quickly fell on my wrist.

"can i see your wound? i think it should be healed already." he extended his arm to me and when i nodded, he removed the bandage with precaution. it was still coloured in a light red, but there was no more scar.

i felt relieved, i could now say that juyeon was officially not a part of my life anymore. i passed my fingers on my skin, being surprised by the fact that it wasn't hurting me.

"it feels nice." i said, smiling slightly.

"you don't smile so often, i think you should do it more. maybe visiting your family could be a great idea. i assume that you haven't seen them for a few months." the girl spoke for the first time, her voice was calm, and she had a sweet smile on her lips. chanhee put the bandage around my wrist again and patted my shoulder kindly.

i nodded, instantly leaning on the couch, hugging a pillow.

"you're right… i miss them so much…" my family was living in jeju, i had told juyeon when we first met so he surely had talked about it with chanhee and miyoung.

"take sunwoo with you. he needs a day or two to calm down from these past weeks, he's overwrought." i looked at him, trying to figure out if he was serious or not. i couldn't see myself bringing him to jeju for now. "what? did something happen between you guys?"

"that's totally absurd." i simply replied. he raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms after smirking at his girlfriend. he was eyeing me, but i did my best to ignore him. "do you wanna eat something?" i asked to change the topic.

his lips turned into a smile and he stood up before starting to speak.

"let's eat kimchi together, i know a good place for that." he proposed, grabbing miyoung's hands, and i quickly accepted, it felt like i hadn't done that during an eternity.

"let's go." i put a jacket on and grabbed an umbrella. it was raining outside and all of us didn't want to get soaked.

we walked in silence until we reached the outside, every now and then, i was glancing at the cute couple they formed. the arm of the pink haired man was wrapped around miyoung body, his hand landing on her waist. they led me to that restaurant and we sat at a table.

i cleared my throat, feeling tense already, it was like juyeon was still looking at me.

"hey, chill down. you can relax here." he assured and called a waiter.

he was right, but still, i couldn't help but be nervous. we ordered kimchi of course, that's what we had come for. they told me more about them, and i did as well. i could now say that we were real friends.

"thank you, chanhee, thank you miyoung." i told both of them when i finished my meal.

"for what?" the girl looked up to me with a frown of her eyebrows.

i bit my lips for a second and smiled.

"for helping me, when no one was caring about me. i'm really grateful for that. you guys made me feel like i wasn't alone." i confessed

what i said made them smile, chanhee put his head on his hand and took a sip from his soju bottle.

"i'm genuinely happy to have helped you too. you're a good person. and… i think you should try something with sunwoo. i'm sure he wants to know you more." he insisted again about it, was he trying to say something? i noticed that he had mentioned him twice that day. i just shrugged and looked away from the suspicious boy.

"anyway… i'm going to pay, it's on me today." i giggled and escaped the conversation. after i paid, i came back to chanhee and miyoung and we left the restaurant.

they walked me back to my apartment, holding the umbrella upon themselves as i was holding mine too.

"oh, before i forget, here." the man gave me a paper. "my phone number,  if you need it." i put it in my pockets and closed my umbrella as they waved at me.

"thanks! see you!" i told them before entering the apartment again.