She turned to look at me, tired expression showing. "What're they doing in there, Park?" No full name this time, Parker... "Serious this time. No jokes about cults."

"It's... complicated, okay? I'm being honest!" She sighed, going back to look at the door. "Max, if I could tell you the truth I would-" Hearing a clicking sound, she gave me a mischievous smile before pushing the door open. What happened next? Bitch if I fucking knew...

⊹˚˖⁺

"WHAT WAS THAT?" Max asked as Lucas and Dustin stood up from tripping over her and I.

"DART!" Mike told us. Dustin had hit me in the head with the cap of his head. Ouch. Rubbing my head, I pulled a face.

"THERE'S NO WAY THAT WAS DART." I tell him, shaking my head.

"SHE LET HIM ESCAPE." Mike says, annoyed. Petition for Mike Wheeler to fuck off.

"WHY DID YOU ATTACK HIM?" Dustin began on Mike while I rubbed the area, I was sure was going to bruise, on my head where his hat had hit me. Try saying that quickly...

"Come on..." Mike began, holding his radio in one hand before running off.

"DON'T HURT HIM." Dustin shouted. "DON'T YOU HURT HIM."

⊹˚˖⁺

And so, the search began. With a headache, too. Each of the boys kept saying how there was nothing here and nothing there. You know what there was a lot of, though? Headaches. And NEEDS FOR PAINKILLERS.

"You don't seriously think-" Will looked back over at me as I was mid-sentence.

"What? It's not like Dart is going to typically care where he's hiding." My brother told me. He had a point, I won't lie.

"Yeah... but did the Demogorgans in the upside down hide in the toilets?" I asked him, causing the boy to roll his eyes, turning back to the door. "You know I can't go in there, right?"

He looked back over at me for a moment. "Check the girls toilets." I go to argue when the door shuts behind him.

"I don't want to- whatever..." I sighed, turning on my heels and facing the door opposite the boy's, walking in. "Max?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the girl.

She turned to look over at me before back at what she was doing. Shirt and hoodie half rolled up her stomach, the girl held a bunch of damp toilet roll to her stomach. To a graze. "Where'd that come from? Are you okay-"

She shook her head, dismissing my extreme reaction. "I'm fine. I fell over on my board in the hall. My stomach grazed the board, that's all." She lightly chuckled.

Stepping forward, I took hold of her stuff out of her other hand to try and help. We stood there awkwardly as she tried to help herself in true middle school doctor style. "Does this happen often?" I asked her, trying to break the tension.

She smirked over at me. "Does your staring happen often?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I- well..." I thought for a moment. "There's not much else to look at, Maxine." I tell her, then looking straight up at the bathroom ceiling. "WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT!" The girl laughed. "THE CEILING! I mean, don't even get me started on the floor, it's made up of... you guessed it! FLOOR." She shook her head, moving closer to the sink and washing her hands. "Look! Your shoes look nice!" I say, still continuing my fake excitement for the girl. "And your hoodie-"

She shook her head, turning to look at me. "I get the joke, thanks." She smiled. That's when I really saw it. Those ocean deep eyes. Holy shit she was pretty.

"GUYS?" The doors suddenly opened to Mike.

"Girl's bathrooms, Mike. Well done." I say to him in a tired, angry tone.

"WE HAVE A PROBLEM." Part of me wanted to shout back at him 'YEAH, YOU' but I held back when I saw the look on his face. "A Will problem."

Shit.

⊹˚˖⁺

"WILL?" I shouted through the corridors, running but getting no reply as Max followed, also calling for him.

"WILL." We were getting nowhere.

"Park?" I turned to see Mom stood in the hallways. Shit. How was she even here? "What's going on?" She asked me, my breathing getting heavier as she asked. "Where's Will?"

"I don't-" Before I could stop, Lucas stormed in through the end of the hallway, tired from running.

"THE FIELD."