Chapter 2: Present day

I woke up to my alarm and got out of bed to get ready. As I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes I realized, my alarm was not going off. Confused, I turned to check the time. What I saw shocked me. It was exactly midnight! Why in the galaxy had I woken up at midnight thinking I was hearing my alarm going off? Something was different about the energy around me. Checking my watch for the date, I realized that today was my sweet sixteen, that is, my sixteenth birthday. That's when I heard IT. A slightly eerie voice that sounded so familiar.
"Nova," it said, "Nova."
"Who are you?" I asked. "Where and what are you?"
"Nova, it's me," the voice said. "Your father."
"F-father?!" I was shocked. Then I began having flashbacks of before I was adopted. A few minutes later, I woke to my father next to me. W-what happened?"
"You passed out. Information overload," Father said. "But now to more pressing matters. You remember what your mother and I taught you on Mandalore?"
"Yes, Father."
"Good. It is time I gave you your robes."
"Thank you, Father. But, why?"
"It is time for you to receive your kyber crystals and create your sabers. Now, get changed and meet me outside." He faded away.
I got changed and met Father outside. Then we traveled to the Jedi Temple on Earth. When we reached the place, all I saw was a huge rock surrounded by a ring of yew trees. Father stretched his arm out to the rock and I followed suit. Then we both focused on the Force. As we meditated, the rock was raised up. When we opened our eyes, there stood the Temple.