Chapter 6: Poisonous

Start from the beginning

Keylee blinked a few times. 'No. I just... Maybe. I mean. I didn't lie, I really don't wanna see Scott. But I also don't want to see him dying. What if, what if we're the last ones to see him alive, if you can call this alive. I don't wanna be the last one to speak to him.'

Keylee suddenly felt two strong arms embrace her. 'W-what if I lose him. W-what if, if I lose my dad. I can't loose him Keylee. I just can't, I'd rather let Void take over a million times.'

Keylee froze and her eyes widened. 'Stiles?'

'Yeah. I- Keylee, what if I lose him? What if I'll never get the chance to- what if I can never tell him it was me who killed Donovan. He'll die in a lie Keylee...'

'No. no Stiles. We- I- I'll tell him alright? If he'll die I'll tell him.'

She was gonna regret it. She was sure of it. But Stiles looked so sad. And for a moment, Keylee felt extremely guilty for tricking him into bringing Void back.

'Stiles?'

'Yeah?'

'How are you talking to me instead of Void?'

Stiles looked down. 'I kinda hoped you wouldn't bring that up. I don't know, he just... let me. I don't know why. I still feel like he's in control though. I can hear him you know, talk to him. I have the feeling it's more than it looks like right now.'

Stiles sat down at the chair besides his father's bed. 'Keylee. I know you tricked me, that you are with Theo. That you and Void care for each other. I just want you to know that I don't care right now. I just want my dad back. So please, if there is anything you can do...'

Keylee looked down. 'I'm sorry Stiles, I don't know.'

Stiles tapped annoyingly with his feet but Keylee decided not to say anything. He was just nervous. For a moment he was silent.

'He says you can take me with you.'

'He what? How? You mean like, I can let you talk to your dad?'

Stiles nodded. 'Can you do that? Right, c-can you at least give it a try? Please, just, just close your eyes and take my hand. Imagine like I'm with you, and like you really, really want me to see what you see.'

Without thinking twice about it Keylee nodded and took his hand. She closed her eyes. It was easier now, when she opened them the world was immediately green again. Stiles looked around. 'Is this how you see everything when you shift?'

Keylee just nodded. The sheriff was still lying on the bed. Then it was like he was also standing besides himself. Gazing at his own body with a blank face. Stiles and Keylee looked at each other before walking closer.

'Dad?'

No reaction. 

'Mister Stilinski?'

Still no reaction.

Keylee waved her hand in front of his face but he kept staring at his own body. Keylee closed her eyes and opened them again to see the world in it's normal colors again.

'This didn't worked, why couldn't he see us? I don't understand it.'

'It's because he's not dead enough.'

Keylee looked up to Stiles again. 'Lemme guess, Void again?'

Void smirked. 'That was quick. At least you know you can take people with you now, right?'

'Yeah, did I even talk to Stiles or was it just you acting?'

Void was quick to answer. 'It was Stiles, he didn't stop asking me to let him talk to his dad and eventually I got enough of it.' Kinda ironic how he had started to tell the truth so much and yet lying came so easily to him. Cause Void wouldn't let Stiles take over, not even if he kept asking. He just wanted to know Keylee's limits. He had underestimated her. It was so easy for her to take him with her.