16. Late

Kyle's picture is above.

Kyle's POV

Rayne kept staring at me with this look I hated, he was practically shaking in his seat the little bitch. He kept struggling against his bonds which were starting to chaff his skin and turn it raw and red. I'm glad he was suffering the same way I was inside. I had tied his hands and feet together with the extension cords from the TV because I couldn't find any rope.

"Please Kyle. Please let me go." He begged.

I laughed. "Now why would I do that?" I got up from the arm of the couch where I was sitting. "You want me to let you go so you can continue to ruin my life?"

"I don't even know what you're talking about!" Rayne screamed. "Let me go, please!"

I walked up to him and slapped him hard across the face with the back of my hand. His head snapped back with the force and he let out an agonized yell.

"Scream again, and I will kill you before he gets here. I'm pretty sure I can make it look like a suicide and I'll be there to pick up the pieces when he falls apart over your death.

Rayne composed himself and then spoke. "You're in love with him." He stated finally understanding.

I ignored him and continued speaking. "I don't understand how anyone could possibly love you anyway. You're a whining little brat who stopped speaking just to get attention."

"That's not true." Rayne said quietly.

Just then the phone buzzed. Caleb was calling for the tenth time. I walked up to the window and spotted Caleb's car outside.

"Okay, then you stopped speaking just because daddy left mommy."

"Why do you even care?" Rayne said staring directly at me with that look again. I hated that look. His blue eyes would get big and he would bite his lip in nervousness. He looked vulnerable and scared. It was the look he gave me every time I shoved him in a locker or called him a name. It was this look of innocence. He wasn't innocent, not after he'd stolen my life from me.

Just then I heard the front door open.

"Rayne?" Caleb called out. Rayne looked like he wanted to scream but I walked up to him and held the knife against his throat.

A few seconds later Caleb walked into the room. He immediately assessed the situation and jumped into action as I expected.

"Kyle, what the fuck are you doing?"

"Calm down. I need you to sit in that chair over there."

"I'm not sitting anywhere. Stop this craziness, and let Rayne go."

He clearly underestimated me. I took the knife and sliced a gash in Rayne's left arm. His scream filled the room and the scent of blood perfumed the air.

Caleb began running towards me. But I held up the knife again and he stopped abruptly. I was in control here.

"Now sit the fuck down or I'll slice his neck next time."

Caleb hesitated but then went to sit down in the armchair across from us.

"Look, do whatever you want with me, but please just let Rayne go."

"Why is it always about Rayne!?" I demanded. "Why do you feel the need to protect him all the time? He's a coward."

"He's not a coward." Caleb stated looking at Rayne the entire time. "He's not a coward. Rayne is one of the strongest people I know."

"Bullshit. He's a little whiny bitch who stopped talking just because mommy and daddy got divorced."

"That's not it." Rayne said quietly.