ʚ lantern rite ɞ

✦⁺₊ languor - lethargy or weakness in mind and body.

—————————————

the morning of lantern rite approached quickly. today wasn't going to be like any other day for many liyuean people. today was a day to be remembered.

a day to be cherished. a day where everyone gathers around the harbour, releasing honey golden paper lanterns into the air.

it didn't matter who you were or wherever you came from because lantern rite was lantern rite. every wish counted, no matter how small or large.

you could wish for anything you wanted to ; there was no guarantee that it would be granted.

and you may not know where your wishes will end up. but rest assured, they will light up the night sky and turn it as bright as day.

there was one word to truly describe this annual event.

it's always truly magical regardless of whose eyes you're looking through.

warm sunlight seeped in through the tiny crevices of the curtains, slowly kindling the room.

kazuha opened his eyes to be met with a rather dull looking ceiling and wasted no time by closing his eyes once more.

the wanderer shuffled around for a bit trying to fall back into the rhythm of his slumber until the sound of quiet snores intruded his ears involuntarily.

he gave up on the idea of sleeping, scanning the room to see you sleeping on the floor.

his eyes widened. kazuha's skin painted in a thick layer of guilt as he finally became aware of where he was resting.

sunlight was now directly upon your face.

the samurai took notice of your stirring form as you slowly began to open your eyes.

" why didn't you wake me up last night?"

i turned the other way, completely ignoring the question which was directly fired at me. stretching my arms as i yawned sleepily.

" y/n?"

" kazuha it's too early for this, i mean—communicating."

my eyes were closing once more. if i was being honest, i woke up a couple of times during the middle of the night which sort of prevented me from getting a satisfactory slumber.