Chapter 2: A Princess in Power

"Princess Nebula!"

What?!

Rodimus stared in shock, as a what look like a small blue femme took the podium from the Ultra Magnus look alike. Okay, clearly the history of this dimension was different from his, because as far as he knew there was no ruler of Cybertron who had the name of Nebula, much less being a princess. In fact, that title seemed wrong. Even though he was a young prime, and in no way a history buff, he knew that the term had not been associated with anyone in cybertronian history and it shouldn't have. It was an earth term. Cybertron had primes, and faction leaders, but Earth had princesses. Did that mean in this world there was cultural exchange between the two worlds as well?

"Thank you for those...electrifying...introductions, Ultra Magnus," A clear, strong Femme voice echoed throughout the stadium.

Rodimus's gaze was immediately drawn back to the femme on the stand. The power that bled from that single line made him pay attention to her words, and he wasn't the only one as the roaring crowd suddenly quieted down.

"Today is a celebrated day, one that will go down in our history as one of peace. I know that Optimus Prime, my father, would be watching us with deep pride if he were us today."

Rodimus felt like his could short circuit right then. This Nebula was the creation of Opitmus Prime? Well, that explained the princess bit. It also explained why he had never heard of her in his world. She didn't exist, because he got Optimus killed before she could be created. Pretty obvious that she'd be chosen as the next Matrix holder being the creation of one.

"As I look out at the crowd, I see the dream that he had for this planet. Cybertronians, no matter the alternate mode, wealth, job, or home world, standing side by side in harmony."

"Well, this was unexpected," Springer said.

"No kidding," Rodimus grumbled.

"So, if you're not the Prime, then where are you?" the triple changer asked, an optic ridge raised.

"Does that really matter right now?" Arcee said, "We have the proof that we're in another dimension, what now? How are we going to get back home?"

"Missy's right," Kup finally chimed in, "We're in unknown territory, we need a plan. So far, we've managed to stay in the back ground but it's only a matter of time until someone notices we're not supposed to be here."

"HEY!" A bot that looked like a guard shouted as he and his partner rounded in the corner, "You're not allowed back here!"

Talk about timing. Rodimus's optics widened, "Drive!" he shouted.

The group of interdimensional travelers, folded into their vehicle modes and took off down the halls. The guards however were still hot on their taillights. One of them transforming to chase them on wheels, and the other running on his pedes. The sounds of tires screeching and engines revving filled the tight complex halls underneath the stadium as the chase continued. But this didn't last forever.

Rodimus didn't know exactly when the guard in his vehicle mode disappeared from behind them, but he would forever remember the moment the guard ran out from behind the intersection ahead of them, becoming a large living road block. Rodimus slammed on his breaks, and twisted his vehicular form sideways, trying to slow himself. However, it wasn't enough and his momentum forced him over, rolling rockily across the floor. The swapping back to his robot mode, and using his servos as the last, and successful, attempt to stop. Laying on his front, Rodimus turned his helm up at the hum of a weapon charging to fire.