Bull True

"You're gonna burn a hole in my head staring at me like that." Negan's expression darkened. "Are we gonna have a problem?"

Daryl leaned his head back against the steel wall.

"Good." Negan sighed. "I cannot believe I'm stuck in here with 'Mr Talkative'. Hey Daryl, you two ever.. ya know? You know?" Negan gestured to Carol with his eyes.

Daryl glared at him again. "We ain't like that."

"Huh. Well, man to man. You should know I, we, have." Negan shrugged his words off.

Daryl couldn't hide the rage on his face."Bullshit."

"No man, bull true. Screwed her brains out. Twice, actually. Well, twice for me. Might've been more for her." He was looking at Carol now, his tongue ran over his top teeth. "I am a VERY generous lover."

Daryl's hands tightened into fists, a new wave of rage swept over him.

"Easy tiger, you need to save your energy. Can't have you both passed out now can we."

"Just shut the hell up. Stop talking, for once."
The men locked eyes and silence fell over them again.

"Carol?"

Carol's ears were ringing but she could make out someone calling her name.

"Carol, you gotta wake up now."

It was a familiar voice, she lifted her head and tried to open her eyes. Her head pounded. She laid it back down.

"Man you ever try not growling?"

"Shut up."

Carol tried opening her eyes again. She had Daryl on one side of her and Negan on the other.

"You two need a time out?" She muttered.

"Here. Drink."

Was Daryl mad at her? She opened her mouth and let him pour some water in. She pushed herself so she was sitting up more, Negan removed his arm that was still holding her. He was biting his bottom lip and gave Daryl a sly wink.

Daryl had had enough of Negan's company. "Do you think you can walk?"

Carol looked down at her bandaged left leg, it had been wrapped up with a torn piece of shirt she noticed. "Well I can try." She nodded.

With heavy legs from a day of running and hours of sitting in the cold, Negan stood up with a groan. "All right little lady let's get you out of here." He held his hand out for Carol.

She hesitated and looked to Daryl who was holding his own shoulder. Daryl gave her an ever so slight nod. Carol gripped onto Negan's hand and pulled herself up but she only managed to stand for a moment before her leg buckled beneath her. She cried out in pain.

"Whoah there. I got ya." Negan caught Carol in his arms before she could fall. "Am I gonna have to carry you?"

Daryl was watching his best friend hold onto the arms of his greatest enemy and there was nothing he could do about it. Sure time had passed and Negan wasn't as big of an asshole as he once was, but no amount of time would let Daryl forget the torture Negan and his men had subjected him to. He realised in that moment he may as well have not been in the room at all.
Carol was grimacing through her pain, her eyes were locked on Negan's, her hands were gripping onto his forearms. And Negan, well his face looked almost... worried? His eyesbrows were pushed together and raised. His lips pursed.

Daryl was confused about what was going on. And he could do nothing but watch. Had Negan actually not been bullshitting him before?