O12'

O12'

The Shelby women were sat around Tommy's house, John and Esme's children were running rampant around the back gardens, though Katie and Esme's niece Violet were holding Peggy and Esme's new baby Freddie, named after Ada's descended husband.

The men were in the kitchen until the bell rung, which is when Beatrice marched to the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of whiskey. She made her way back outside. "You know Alfie's here?" Polly asked "You what?" Beatrice replied "Upstairs, doing business." Polly nodded "I need to go stop Arthur from doing something daft." Beatrice sighed "No, you're staying right here. We're getting pissed without a fuck to give." Esme told her.

Arthur came to visit the women "Were off out, Tommy said were welcome to stay, so, do as you like cause we suspect we'll be gone a while." Arthur said, kissing Beatrice's forehead before walking away.

"Shelby men and their fucking business." Beatrice whispered as Arthur walked off.  Beatrice and Lizzie opened the bottles and sipped from them. "I need to take Micheal to Ada's so, you can stay here." Polly sighed after half an hour.

"Sorry, he did that? With you bent over a fucking desk?" Beatrice chuckled, Lizzie nodded before cackling. "How did he even fucking manage that?" Esme giggled before Katie rushed over with Peggy in her arms "Charles said a bad word." Katie said "What one Katie?" Lizzie asked "Fuck!" The thirteen year old said matter of factly. The women began laughing again, the influence of whiskey and beer prominent.

Arthur Shelby, while staying at the Russian's home, fucked one of their maids, and took his wedding ring off in the process, slipping it into his pocket.

Beatrice was pretending to be asleep when Arthur entered the room, he laid down and slid his wedding ring back onto his finger, for a minute the two of them were in complete silence "You've been shagging someone else." Beatrice said, her voice what seemed like was full of emotion. "I was drunk." Arthur admitted. "I'm going to lay on the sofa in the nursery" Beatrice told him, her voice devoid of emotion."Trix, Let me sleep there." Arthur said, trying to at least do something positive, perhaps to lessen his wife, the wife who he was madly in love with, the wife who he'd cheated on and by result hurt's grievance. "No, It's half past ten anyway Arthur, you get your sleep, I'll go." Beatrice said as she walked out of the door. She closed it firmly behind her, holding in her tears for a few moments before she walked into the parlour where Lizzie with a cigarette in her mouth was sat and burst into tears.

"What's wrong?" Lizzie asked as she wrapped her arms around the doe eyed girl "He slept with someone else, he's sleeping now." Beatrice cried. "He did that and you let him sleep?" Esme asked from across the room "I can't be arsed to deal with him, I think I'm going to take Peggy home and lock him out." Beatrice sighed "He has his keys on him doesn't he?" Lizzie assumed. Beatrice just shrugged. "I'll nick his keys." Esme said getting up and rushing out. "What did he say?" Lizzie asked, as Beatrice sat down next to her "He was drunk, fuck all else." Beatrice muttered. "They have work again today. He won't be home until late, John said so." Esme said as she threw the keys towards Beatrice, which she picked up.

She felt like Arthur had taken a dagger and stabbed her in the stomach repeatedly, she felt like she wanted to do the same to him. Her entire body was aching, and despite her pain, she knew in her bones that she would take him back once he admitted he was wrong and that he'd never do it again, and she hoped that he would make up to his promise, she could almost hear him admitting it again but she didn't want to. She didn't want to face the fact that things had been perfect for so long, and now things were crashing down.

Beatrice walked to get Peggy, she drove home, but she didn't go there alone. Lizzie went with her. Lizzie held Peggy as they drove back to the house, a few minutes away from Small Heath.

Lizzie held Peggy as Beatrice cut up vegetables angrily, she held the baby until the baby went to sleep, she watched as Beatrice screamed 'Fuck you' over and over, and slapped Arthur once he came home, she watched as Arthur held her best friend tightly, apologising repeatedly. She watched as they walked upstairs, she heard his apologies being so repeated that the words "I'm Sorry Trix" didn't even sound like words anymore.

EM TALKS
my heart aches for bea tbh