Chapter 2 - Doomsday

Houghton Miffin High School >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Friday (At school):

Without noticing, the first couple periods flew by. It was now 5th period- GYM. Jayden and Rayviene hated gym. Both girls had low-self esteem and had no confidence in showing any skin for obvious reasons. They knew that everyone would freak if they saw the bruises they had. So they would wait till everyone left. They each had their own locker area in the locker room, almost on opposite sides of the room.

Neither girl really knew the other on a personal level. They only knew of the other; they would see each other in the few classes they had together or in passing in the hallway, or like now- gym class. Rayviene and Jay had heard rumors about the other: Jayden- the rebellious, spoiled well-off girl and Rayviene- the weirdly, quiet loner.

But despite all this, today, was different. Each girl had thought everyone left and started changing. But then, two popular girls came back because they had forgotten something in their lockers. When walked into the locker room, they each went into their own locker, but one noticed that Jayden had bruises and tattoos. Meanwhile the other one noticed Rayviene. Neither Rayviene and Jayden had known that the other girls had seen them change.

Meeting up with their other friends, the girls told the rest of their clique of what they saw. They then they started to speculate -rather loudly- about how Rayviene and Jayden had gotten the bruises. The other students overheard the girls, and of course the rumor mill began to churn. The one common conclusion? Rayviene and Jayden had gotten into a fight with each other.

During lunch, Rayviene and Jayden walked into the lunchroom amongst other students and noticed that the whole lunchroom had gotten quiet. Everyone was looking at them.

"Is it just me, or are we center of attention?" Jayden asked Rayviene in a whisper.

"I think it's the both of us, they're looking at.... What did we do?" Rayviene whispered back looking at the other girl.

"I don't like this," Jayden whispered again. "Well that makes two of us," mumbled Rayviene. "It's starting to piss me the fuck off," says Jayden speaking louder for everyone to hear.

"You not the only one who's pissed," Rayviene mumbled.

It was clearly noticeable that there were no empty tables. All except one. So both girls sat together for the first time, ever...The girls stared at each other and sat at the table, but far apart. Everyone was still silent and looking at them as if they were expecting something to happen. All of a sudden, the girls that saw Jayden and Rayviene in the locker room, came up to their table, shocking the heck out of the girls, since they avoided everybody in the school.

One girl -a blonde- said, "Hey girls, how's it going?"

The girls remained quiet, thinking that if they don't say anything they would give up and go away. But it didn't work. The girls were still there. She flicked her fake bleached blonde hair back and kept talking. "Well, I came to say, I like your tattoos Rayviene." "I like yours too, Jayden," said another one with cotton candy pink hair. Both Jayden and Rayviene were shocked as hell. They looked at the girls dubiously.

What the hell?! How did they know about my tattoos? thought Rayviene. No one knew about her tatts.

What is going on here? Are they trying to start some kind of shit? How did they know about my tattoos? thought Jayden, looking at them through narrowed eyes.

There was an evil grin on the instigating girls faces. They knew that they had struck a nerve. They had a goal, it was to destroy both Rayviene and Jayden together. Why? it gave them something to do with their time, plus it made them feel good. But they weren't finished yet...they decided to go for the kill, so to speak.