Chapter 7 ~ Say Whaat?!

Chapter 7 for all you lovely readers!!!

Enjoy!!!

____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 7: "Say Whaaat?!"

/// Monday morning... Some time before the first class of the day began. ///

*Beep Beep* *Beep Beep*

Rayviene rolls over to turn off her alarm clock. She brushes the tangled mess that is known as hair, out of her face. Realization dawned on her. It was the first time for as long as she could remember that she was able to sleep peacefully. She didn’t suffer her usual fit of nightmares. Her nightmares usually involved the memories of her so-called mother’s “boyfriend” Jay-Jay coming into her room at night and doing his usual routine (beat and force himself on Ray), none of the beatings, no smell of stale alcohol or the sickly sweet smell of drugs.

**Ray shudders at the memories**

No…nothing…Just peace and quiet. At least for now that is…

Rayviene gets up, goes to the bathroom to freshen up and does the usual morning routine.

--Wow, I still can’t believe I have my own bathroom. God it’s HUGE. My entire old place could fit in here.—

After finishing, she walks into the kitchen and sees Jayden making breakfast.

"Good morning, Queen of the Bedheads," said Jay.

"Good morning, Fluffy..."Ray retorts.

"You know I hate that name..." said Jayden, as she faces Ray all while flipping a batch of pancakes.

“I think you should pay attention while doing that, before you burn yourself,” says Ray.

“Nah, I’m good. I’m a pro at this kind of stuff. So no worries," replies Jayden.

"Ok but I must say Miss Master Chef that smells good. But I didn't know you could cook," Ray said.

"You damn skippy I can. I was feeling a bit antsy, so I made pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, omelettes and freshly chopped fruit," Jay said.

“Oh, and I almost forgot,” Jay cries.

“I made freshly made OJ and there’s also coffee and tea if you prefer...” she adds to ever increasing breakfast menu.

"Ooo-la-la, Girl after my own heart. Do I get to eat like this every day? If so, marry me?" Ray asks jokingly.

"Oh Ray, I thought you never ask!" Jay replied sarcastically, clutching her hands to her chest while fluttering her eyelashes.

Both girls cracked up laughing. Because Ray was sitting on a chair that spins she fell off laughing.

"What's all the laughter about?" Rafael asks as he enters the kitchen, shirtless.

"So loud, so bleeding early in the morning!" Darius chimes in angrily.

"No one told you to listen," Jay retorted looking (more like drooling) at the male specimens in front of them.

"Or be alive for that matter..." Ray muttered. She too was also ogling Rafe; too much for Darius’s comfort.

“Like what you see?” Rafe asked. Both girls looked away blushing.