(05) The Business Trip

Start from the beginning

"YOU ARE GOING TO MUMBAI" she cleared.

"What! I mean why? I mean. .."

"Shhh" she cutted me.
"Okay tell me, who is my assistant?" She asked with raised eyebrows

"Your... Ohh yeah me!" I replied nervously

"Who represents me in front of clients?"

"Me"

"Who attends meetings for me?"

"Okay me"

"Then who will go to Mumbai on my behalf?"

"Me?" I said asked

"Yes! Ofcourse you who else."

"But..."

"No buts you are going and that's final, and you will have a half day leave today to prepare and I will guide you for the work there. Any doubts" she said in teachers tone.

"Do I have a choice to say no?"

"Luckily no dear" she smiled wide. I sighed and followed her.

I was sitting on my desk possessing all the information Rashmi mam gave about the clients and my work. It was not a complete formal deal as the client is a great friend of the BOSS. I smiled at text he sent me last night.
But how am I gonna tolerate him for three days there. Well maybe two because one day is given for travelling and exploring the city which have me a little relief as I love travelling to new places.

I was given a half day so that I can relax and prepare for the business trip as the flight is at 6 in the morning and I have to reach airport half hour early.

Sid's pov:
Finally! tomorrow I'll leave for Mumbai and hopefully Rehan will like our theme and designs and agree to invest in it. Once I get him on board I'll be just an inch far away from my dream project.
I was thinking about it when someone knocked on the door "yeah" I said.
"Sir! Rashmi Mam gave this for you"Isha kept the piece of paper on the table and I asked her to leave.
I unfolded the paper to read what was written on it.

My assistant will be joining you tomorrow for the client meeting in Mumbai as I'm not able to come. She will be representing me and I take all the responsibilities of her.
Hope you don't have any issue with her coming with you.
All the best for the meeting and your dream...
-Rashmi Sharma

I sighed as I read it. Well honestly I was expecting it as this is all she have done from past three months avoiding me. I folded the letter and kept it in the drawer. I can't afford to talk to her and spoil my mood when I'm that close to my dream.

Next day:

Sid's pov:
I was ready to take off to Mumbai.
I checked the time it was 5:40 and there was no information about Rashmi's dear assistant.
I shifted my gaze to my laptop again suddenly I heard sound of footsteps approaching me in hurry so i looked up and blinked to confirm if it's dream well I totally forget that she is the new assistant if Rashmi. She was looking beautiful in casual black and denim look, her face was glowing without any makeup, her hairs were tied in messy ponytail but her eyes were covered with glasses.
I didn't see her after the text incident but I definitely thought about her last night. I sighed at the thought of her affecting me like this within just three days and now I will be spending more time with her, i gulped as she came near me "morning" she said hurriedly.
From her condition I can tell she has been running I chuckled as I remembered our first meeting.

Shraddha's pov:
I'm late again gosh! I started jogging as I entered airport. I increased my speed when I spotted him engaged in his laptop. Like who works on the airport, the answer is Mr. Raichand.
He looked up from his screen and was lost somewhere or maybe in checking me out, no it can't be.
He was looking more handsome as it was the first time I saw him in casuals and not that expensive tight business suit which made him look even more serious, he looked quite hot in that though. Stop shraddha!! Screamed my inner self he is your boss just greet him.
"Morning!" I exclaimed, he chuckled to my surprise. Did I say something funny .

With that he again shifted his attention to the laptop

With that he again shifted his attention to the laptop. There was long silence as he was busy in his work and I was breathing heavily from running.

Few hours later....

I threw my handbag on the couch and fall on the bed of my hotel room. It was my first time staying in a 5-star hotel also it was first time I travelled in a business class. I sighed as I remembered how boring the journey was neither of us spoke a word it was really awkward as whenever I spoke something he just looked up and nodded. I was brought back to reality with a ping sound of my phone.

"At hotel restaurant in 15 minutes."

I rolled my eyes as I was much tired than hungry also he knew that I ate in the flight but still. I typed a no and was about to send when another massage came and I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Hope you know I don't like waiting..."

Happy reading....😊❤️