Chapter 6: New Viridian City

ابدأ من البداية

"Grauu!!!" Ash had already collected the right pokeballs and returned his chosen team, save Pikachu.

"I want the rest of you to keep training too. Squirtle, you're in charge until I get back. Make sure everyone stays busy."

"Squirtle!!!" Squirtle puffed out his chest and nodded with a look of authority that made Ash's other Pokemon sweatdrop.

"Squirtle! Squirt, Squirtle!" Squirtle took out his trademark shades and started directing the others.

Ash and Pikachu grinned before making their way out of the enclosure and towards Ash's room. His bed remained unmade, but his bedroom mainly remained in order, particularly the assortment of badges, trophies, and pictures of his friends he'd collected over the years.

Ash had just finished getting dressed, which included a black hooded trenchcoat just like Daniel's when he noticed one picture in particular. Ash slowly approached the photo and picked it up with the same conflicted expression he'd given at the Sinnoh airport.

Pikachu looked closer and recognized it as the picture taken back in Geosenge town with Korrina, Clemont, Bonnie, and Serena. At the time, Pikachu and Ash didn't notice Serena intentionally moving herself closer to Ash, but now it only felt obvious.

"Serena." Ash took a deep breath and set the photo down. Pikachu now got worried when he saw Ash appear even more conflicted than he had at the phone.

"Pika." Ash snapped back to attention and saw Pikachu's concerned face.

"Huh, I'm fine. Come on, let's not waste the day!" Ash raised his fist and led Pikachu to a balcony overlooking New Viridian City.

Ash's anxiety seemingly vanished, replaced by his trademark confidence and motivation as he raised his coat's hood and placed a pair of shades on.

"To the Gym!"

"Pika!"

(Play Route 201 (Day) - Pokémon (Anime) Music Extended, until xxx)

 Ash leaped up onto the balcony's ledge and flipped himself like an acrobat, grabbing it and dropping himself to another balcony on the apartment floor beneath him.

He continued this down the great tower, earning a mixed reaction from his many neighbors.

"There he goes again. What's wrong with the stairs?"

"Probably trying to avoid his many fans!" Another laughed.

"He could just ride one of his Pokemon."

"Are you crazy? If I could move like that, I would!"

Ash eventually reached the lower skyscrapers' rooftops and began free-running across them, passing a few flying Pokemon along the way until he arrived at the nearest train station, which rested on a monorail track system a few stories from the streets below.

Waiting for the right moment, Ash leaped from the rooftop and caught the raised platform's guard railing, pulling himself up without being seen. A vast crowd gathered at the station, with many eagerly gazing at the countless television screens around them.

"Look, he's about to use his finishing combination!!" A trainer shouted while pointing to a nearby screen showing Ash's recent match against Cynthia.

"Frenzy Plant!" Ash's Torterra ensnared Cynthia's Garchomp, pinning him to the ground with a series of spiked vines. For the next few moments, Garchomp tried desperately to break free while Torterra recharged, but years of intense training with Daniel's Torterra drastically reduced this time.

"Earthquake!"

"Terra!!!" Ash's Torterra hit Garchomp head-on with the ground move, which did even more damage since Frenzy Plant pinned him down. This combination knocked Garchomp out.