26: Well, this was awkward as hell

‘His family owns this place.’

That one statement from Mr. Reed left my brain swirling. Aiden's family owned this high-end beach resort? 

Oh my god, it all made sense now. Mr. Reed had said he'd heard about me from Kara. And I remember Kara mentioning that her family owned a chain of hotels and resorts, hence why she'd opted for a degree in hospitality management back in college. 

It's not that I wasn't aware of the fact that Kara came from the 1% scale of high society, it's just that I was a little astounded at the extent to which she was. And now, I couldn't help but be a little intrigued by it all. 

How could someone like her be fine with letting Aiden's grandma suppress her the way she did? Because yes, Aiden's grandma was stinking rich, but Kara was obviously not far behind herself, and could very much cut off the older woman and her controlling ways from her life if she so wished. So, why was she choosing to put up with all of it?

In the end, I decided to lay those thoughts to rest for now, letting my mind return to what was going on around me. And believe me, it was a lot. 

Henry, on his part, was now staring wide-eyed from Mr. Reed to Aiden, barely managing to voice: “y-your family...owns...”

While he was stuttering away, Aiden was now saying, “oh right, Mr. Reed, we ran into old acquaintances who apparently are staying here for the week.”

It was only then that the older man stopped to take note of the gawking pair. “Oh, yes, you're the couple that checked in the mini suite two days ago, right?”

“Yes,” Henry answered eagerly. 

“I hope you've been enjoying your stay so far?” He questioned, face breaking into a polite smile.

This time, it was Sia that spoke up, her usual chirpiness setting in. “Yes, very much.” 

“Well, that's nice.”

“It is,” Aiden voiced in agreement with the older man. “But from what I've heard this week is their...” He trailed off ‘unsurely,’ throwing the couple a look that translated to: ‘what was that thing again?’ 

And of course, Sia was more than eager to say, “I would die without you-versary.”

Even Mr. Reed, despite his best efforts, couldn't quite hide his flashing look of: ‘say what now?’

Aiden, on his part, offered a small: “yeah,” confirming her response was what he had in mind. “Which is why I thought we should find a way to make it a little nicer for them,” he continued. “More like an upgrade.” 

“Of course. I would have done so from the start if I knew they were acquaintances of yours. But not to worry, I'd arrange for them to be moved to a masters suite immediately.”

“That sounds good but I was thinking you could prepare the villa suite.”

“Oh, you’ll be staying over tonight?”

Mr Reed’s question was met with a small shake of head from Aiden. “Actually, I’d like you to set them up in the villa suite.”

For a second there, the older man seemed quite stunned by the response. However, he was soon saying, “of course, I will do so right away.” 

Someone else though, wasn’t quite as calm in expressing their feelings on the matter.  

“Villa suite?” Sia echoed, half screaming. “Oh my god!”