Chapter 1: The Mysterious Child

How would you react to meeting a tribe? Interested? Excited? Scared? Some tribes were in fact dangerous. Some weren't but they always did carry the weapons with them like knives, bows, and especially spears, the most common ones. The tribes prefer to live outside of the contact world and hidden from everyone, which was in the islands, jungles, and so on. 

But what if they weren't exactly humans? What if they encountered a strange abandoned child in the wild? Well, that's what happened to them while patrolling around. 

The species and the tribe, known as the echidnas, were strong and powerful warriors that lived in the jungle and had a village of their own which they called their home. All of them were red and in different colors. Some were a bit dark red, a bit light, perfect red, and so on. Some of them had white paint around their bodies, specifically their quills. But there were some who preferred to wear bandages that they had in their village. It was unknown how many they were but clearly enough to be a leader there as well. The leader was called the chief and he ruled over the entire echidnas. It was passed on through generations if they had a child or children. Almost all the time, the male was the chief but through the years, the echidnas made some expectations. 

The leader must be not abusive and take advantage of the tribe, especially poor females and children. Females helped create weapons or hunt for food, which was grapes and other fruits that the echidnas loved a lot to eat. 

The leader must be strong-minded and smart. Being strong was not only enough for a chief to rule over a village. They must be smart and strong-minded, which was very important for the echidnas. They needed a chief who was strong and smart enough to protect them from dangers and enemies. Because you never know what would happen every day.

When the chief was alive, they ruled and controlled the echidnas while giving commands. They were of course allowed to have a mate in their lives. Baby echidnas were so cute that they gave you a feeling to squish their cheeks. But don't be fooled. The children would show signs of being true warriors in the future. There were reports of the echidna babies who would like to join on the patrol or hunt but they must be old enough and being trained. 

What did the females do? They took care of all of the children and did chores. The males were excepted to help them while at home. The females would also hunt for food in order to feed everyone they could. 

How long did the echidnas exist? For a very long time. If you saw Team Sonic Racing, you would see the echidna statues in Egypt so the answer was the echidnas existed for millions of years until sadly, one day, there would be a tragic ending for the species, leaving only the last male left with his best friend/crush... a human. 

Currently, the chief was patrolling around with a couple of other echidnas who joined their leader, a male. He held a spear that was decorated with beautiful feathers and pearls, a sign that he was the boss. Back in the village, his son was left alone while being taken care of by the females. Where was his mother? The truly sad reality was... she was dead.

"Chief!" An echidna warrior ran up to the chief. "I heard a cry. It sounded like... not an echidna."

The chief's eyes widen up what the warrior said and he quickly commanded everyone to follow him, which they all did. He finally heard the cry. He pulled his mask down and held his spear out, the others quickly followed, ready for anything that would happen. If you take a look at their masks, they were scary. 

The chief then stopped running, which caused everyone else behind him to stop as well

The chief then stopped running, which caused everyone else behind him to stop as well. The chief turned around and gave a sign to be quiet, which they all obeyed. The chief very slowly held his spear out and held out his hand as he inched closer and closer. But he stopped when he heard... giggling? The others were confused.

The chief dropped his spear as he went through the bushes and saw a very young child but... he never had seen a kid like that before. It was a girl but... what was she? 

Treasure Hunter (Knuckles x Human! Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara