She took that shit immediately. "Thank you." She could see her mother mugging her from behind him.

Smiling, she turnt away, then rolled her eyes. Hearing her sisters laughs she walked towards her.

"Hey little baby."

Her baby sister squealed, dropping her toys and trying to crawl her way to May. She picked her up, letting the baby touch her face and leave wet kisses on her chin.

"Eww." May laughed.

She loved her sister. She felt like she was the mom and took more care of her baby sister than both of her parents. They just buy her things. "Let me feed you before you start bothering me while I'm trying to clean." She made her a bottle and took care of her needs before starting to clean around her.

Feeling her mothers presence in the room she almost huffed out loud. "Come here." She came to a full stop, looking at her mom.

"Yes?"

"I just said come here." She stepped towards her, obviously not fast enough because she was yanked up by her shirt, being pulled the rest of the way.

She sucked her teeth, staying hush.

"Give me the money that he gave you."

"Why? He gave it to me." She spoke quietly.

"I will pop you in your mouth." She raised a brow. May just gave her the money, pulling out of her grip.

After the day passed, the house became spotless, Mays mother had left with her boyfriend but was now back.

She seen the house was perfectly clean and decided she'd thank her daughter. She set her purse down.

May was most likely in her room so she made her way there. She was in there with her little sister and brother. They were knocked out on her bed and she was just staring off into space, one on each side of her.

"May."

She looked up, "Yes?"

"Put them to bed then come to my room." Her mom went to take a shower while May put the younger kids in their beds.

When she got out her daughter was already waiting for her on the edge of the bed. She took care of the rest of her hygiene before getting on the bed, pulling may more up.

"Sit."

"I am sitting."

"Maylean, don't make me mad. Sit correctly."

May relaxed her body before sitting up on the bed.

"Thanks for cleaning." She leaned over, sliding only half of the money Jeremiah gave her. "Here."

"Thanks." May fake smiled.

She sighed when her mother pulled her into a hug. "Stop Ma." She struggled to slowly pushed her away.

Her mother let go, looking at her with a concerned face. "What's your problem?"

"I just don't want to hug right now."

After a few seconds her mom nodded, "Okay." She decided she'd just hold her hand. May didn't mind. She started to feel uncomfortable from her mom just looking at her. Finally looking back she spoke, "Stop staring Ma." Then looked back ahead, resting her head back on the head board.

"You're a good big sister to them. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Mays wanted so badly to mug her. "So why do you treat me like this?" She couldn't resist herself from asking.

Her mom let out a breath. "I don't know."

It was like Mays mind paused for a second due to her slightly shutting down so she wouldn't try and fight her mom.

"Oh."

They didn't speak for a while so May kindly asked, "Can I go back to my room now?"

"Can I get a hug?"

"I already said I didn-" Mays attitude was starting to showcase itself in her tone but it was very understandable.

"Please?" Her mother tone softened. Maylean looked up, finally looking her mother in the face. She looked as if she was trying to keep herself from balling.

She knew her mother had been through a lot with her dad but she hated that it was all being brought on her. She also knew that her mom sometimes felt guilty when she realized how much of a bad mother she's being to her but it doesn't matter because she'll go back to being abusive anyways.

Like right now, May knew she was just feeling guilty and in 2 days she'll be back to how she always is but still she couldn't deny the little love she had for her mother and the guilt she felt because she's a constant reminder of her father.

"Ok." May let her mom hug her and she hugged back, sitting with her head in her birth givers neck.

Mom kissed her cheek, just holding her. "I love you."

Seconds went by.

"I love you too." May mumbled before pulling away. She could feel emotions rising and knew it was best to exit the room because she didn't know if she was sad or mad. "You're leaving now?" Mom asked receiving a nod.

"Okay goodnight."

"Night."