You hissed when a little water dropped on your hand, somehow you had managed to hit it so hard that you had managed to get a small cut.

You groaned and wiped the blood hastily, feeling too lazy to put on a bandaid...you were too used to doing that for Shuji. 

(2015)

(2015)

You knew falling in love with a gang member had perks and downfalls. You are aware of the dangers and accept them, but why do you feel so much pain after seeing your love arrive at your house, unprecedented, beaten and bruised.

"Didn't know where else to go."

A whimper left your throat before you could speak," Hanma, how did this happen?"

He chuckled, leaning on the doorframe out of pain, "just got in a fight with some bastards, of course, I didn't lose, Hanma Shuji never loses."

"Come on in," you helped him in, allowing him to settle on the couch, while you got the first aid kit.

Settling on your knees, you opened the kit. Pouring alcohol on cotton you rolled his sleeves up, "tell me if it hurts."

You first dabbed it on his knuckles that had cracked open, unconsciously blowing on them like you do when a kid gets hurt.

He hissed at a particular instance, you looked up at him. His face was scrunched in displeasure, fangs showing out a bit. You gulped the sob forming in your throat, it physically hurt you to see him in so much pain.

Tears cascaded down your cheeks, falling onto his hand. He raised his eyebrows and tilted your chin up towards him.

"Are you crying?" he asked. How stupid of him to. When you are literally trying so hard not to.

You wiped your tears on your sleeves, both the hands still busy cleaning up his injuries.

Hanma Shuji hated to see you cry more than anything. He felt like his heart was being ripped apart into two. What he hated, even more, was when he was the reason you were crying.

"Love please-" he whispered holding your face between his large palms.

"No Shuji! I am not listening to you right now! How many times have I told you to not get involved in trouble!" you sobbed.

He chuckled heartless, rubbing circles on the apples of your cheeks, "that's pretty ironic considering you are dating Hanma Shuji."

"Why do you make me worry so much, someday I am going to die of all this worrying!" you sniffed.

He leaned down and kissed you to stop you from rambling. Pulling up immediately when his open lip started to burn.

"You are stupid you know that?" you whispered softly.

"I know," he ran his thumb under your eyes to wipe the tears.

Taking your much smaller hand in his he stared at a certain finger and then looked up, bronze eyes peering into your soul.

"I am gonna give you a gift very soon," he simpered deeply and it made the hair on the nape of your neck stand.

"Until then..." he leaned down to bite your neck which made you squirm and laugh because it tickled, "why don't you give me kisseys to make my pain better?" he pouted.

"God you are so childish," you laughed.

He confessed two months after that, and of course, you said yes

He confessed two months after that, and of course, you said yes. It was sad how you and Hanma had been married for barely two years, you wanted to spend the rest of your life with him, but fate had something else planned.

A̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶f̶a̶t̶e̶?̶

A/N: Thought, theories, question? Lemme know <3