Of Luck and Love ≫ Bluestar x Male! Reader

Art: Rikia's Warriors Designs

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• None

This is yet another request for CarolusTheSwede. Please enjoy!

****

It was the gentle warmth of the sun filtering into the den and resting on your face that woke you from your peaceful sleep. You sat up, engaging in a long, satisfying stretch before standing up and shaking the moss scraps from your pelt. You sat back down and began licking your chest, wincing as the realization of how sore you were from the previous night came over you. The memories were hazy at best, but images of longing eyes and twined tails flashed through your mind, as well as the feeling of soft moss all around you and the sounds of heavy breaths and eventually, soft purrs as you both settled down to sleep. You had spent many moons longing for the feeling of her body against yours, pressed so close together that your heartbeats fell into sync. And last night, among the gentle sound of rainfall and the smell of rose petals, your longing was finally satisfied.

A soft groan from beside you pulled you back into reality. You glanced down at the sleeping beauty next to you, a warm, loving smile twisting your normally bored features. Her deep blue eyes flickered open and looked up at you, and immediately, a tired smile spread slowly across her muzzle. "Good morning, handsome," She murmured, stretching her forelegs and arching her spine. "It's so nice to see your face." She sat up and turned to look at you, and you felt your heart flutter in your chest. How a cat could possibly be so gorgeous was beyond you, but you considered yourself the luckiest tom in the forest to be able to wake up next to her.

"Good morning, my beautiful bluebell." You meowed softly, placing a gentle lick on her cheek. "How are you feeling?"

She purred, returning your affectionate lick. "I'm just fine, thank you. How are you?" You chuckled, reaching up with a paw and carefully flicking a clump of moss off of her ear. She was covered in it from ears to tail-tip, and you wondered if she had had as much fun as you did.

"I'm good. Did you enjoy our time together last night?" You held your breath, suddenly nervous. What if she wasn't satisfied with you? The thought made you shudder. The last thing you ever wanted to do was make her unhappy. But none of your fears came true. She only smiled, then leaned forward and pressed her nose against yours.

"You're amazing in every way possible, (Y/N). Don't you ever doubt for a second that you aren't." Her voice was reassuring and full of love, so comforting that it almost made you tear up.

"How did I get so lucky?" You purred.

She shrugged. "I just have low standards." Her blue eyes twinkled mischievously. You let out a hearty laugh, tackling her gently and landing on top of her in your shared nest.

"You're lucky I have a good sense of humor," You laughed, resting your forehead against hers. "or I would've turned you into crowfood by now."

She snorted, clearly not taking your threat too seriously. "I'd like to see you try." You scrambled off of her, and she scrambled back to her paws and gave her pelt a shake. "I'm going hunting. Care to join me?"

You smiled. "I would love to." With that, you padding up to her and began descending the steps of the highstone, your flank brushing against hers. You truly were the luckiest tom in the whole forest.

****

This is a tad shorter, but I hope it was enjoyable nevertheless! Thanks for requesting!

Votes and comments are appreciated!