Prologue / The Whisper of Red Sunrise

ابدأ من البداية

The man was frowning, and let out that soothing voice again. "Hey, slow down," the tone was soft and persuasive. "You'll hurt yourself like this..."

Unfortunately, Yoohan could not be persuaded. Rather than stopping, Yoohan had slapped the man on his cheek. He had slapped the man with everything he had left, the sound reverberating inside the room. "I told you. To shut up!" A scratch was made on that sharp cheekbone, below the bewildered eyes that gave him a piercing glare for a second.

That glare vanished in an instant the moment that man looked at Yoohan. It was the man that gotten slapped, but it was Yoohan who made a face as if he was hurting. His brows were furrowed deep, eyes blurry with tears. "I want this—" the tears were dripping from Yoohan's face into the man's skin, like the red blood flowing down below, "—to hurt..."

His voice was shaking, and his view became as blurry as his emotions. They were flowing down like the tears he'd been unable to shed all day. The moans that came from his lips were of pain and anguish, of his body and his soul both. The only thing he remembered was being in so much pain that he cried rivers, moving his body in instinct not to chase pleasure, but to get it as painful as possible.

Yoohan knew he had used this man as his outlet, even went as far as hitting the man. But all he had in his hazy mind was the way to unravel the searing hot lump in his gut and throat that had been hanging stubbornly for the last three months. For that, he'd clung wantonly into this man that was practically a stranger.

He had no idea how long they did it, nor how many times. But he remembered sobbing on the man's shoulder, inside an embrace that felt strangely warm and comfortable. Vaguely, there was a sense of a big and nice hand stroking his back soothingly, that made Yoohan shrunk into that arms. Shamefully, he remembered letting go of his every suppressed emotions into this man's hand.

"Are you feeling better now?"

Yoohan opened his eyes. The man had moved from his seat near the window into the bed, bringing with him a medicine box that Yoohan had kept on this room for the wound he usually had during fight night. The bed dipped with the man's weight on it. Yoohan could now see clearer at the little nick on the man's cheekbone. The black shirt that the man wore missing most of its buttons, showing the solid chest Yoohan had used to claw and cried on last night.

"...no." Yoohan answered, flinching at the hand touching his injured foot.

The man sneered. "What's the point of you drowning me in water then?"

Yoohan gritted his teeth, feeling heat creeping on his cheek. The man asked again while taking care of his injury. "Do you know my name, at least?"

"...Jay." Yoohan looked at the deep smile on the man's face. Contrary to his menacing cold look on the arena, Jay seemed to smile a lot outside of it. Although that smile never touch the man's cold, ice-like eyes.

"At least you know." the man chuckled. "Are you the type that randomly asked people for sex?" the pale eyes suddenly flicked at him, eerie smile made Yoohan flinched unknowingly. His leg jerked as a reflex, and Jay pulled the leg back.

"Argh!" Yoohan gasped at the pain that suddenly traveled from the leg into his spine. His chest heaved as black eyes staring wide at the ceiling. His pupils were shaking when he looked at the smirking man holding on his leg.

"That's why you shouldn't act reckless on your first time." the tone was teasing, even mocking, but there was a stern warning on it.

"You..." Yoohan put his hand over his throbbing eyes, cursing inwardly. "You talk too much." he tried to take a deep breath and exhaled slowly, steadying his racing heartbeats until the pain reduced into dull throb.