⁕    ⁕

After work, Robin had a pep rally thing she was doing at the school and she wanted Steve and Tiffany to be there. They were happy to go, it was just a little odd for Tiffany specifically. She wouldn't tell either of them, but she didn't want to go back to that school. There were too many memories. Memories of Jonathan, memories of Barb, memories of Billy. All memories that would just bring her mood down even more. But Tiffany knew that she had to hide that so that she didn't ruin this for Robin, so she was going to try and act as Tiffany Henderson-like as possible.

Steve was currently driving all three of them to the school with Robin in the passenger seat since she had to use the mirror to do her makeup. Tiffany was sitting in the back, fiddling with a promise ring on her finger that Steve had given her a few months ago. Tiffany was currently ranting about some lady that came into her work today. "And she kept describing him differently every time I asked her. Like lady, his hair cannot go from blonde to brown in a matter of ten seconds, like I can only do so much."

Tiffany noticed that Robin wasn't really paying attention and Steve had already heard this story. "Robin, are you listening?"

"Uh, yes." Robin lied through her teeth. Tiffany decided to challenge her. "What did I just say?"

"Something about Steve dying his hair." Robin guessed and the only thing she got right was the fact that Tiffany was talking about hair. "No, I'm talking about the crazy old lady who came in today."

"Cut me some slack, please. Your fancy new police job is so hard to keep up with. It's a labyrinthine complexity. It's seven in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse." Robin complained, but neither Tiffany or Steve were buying that she actually cared about this pep rally since it wasn't in character for her. "You're worried about a pep rally? You expect us to believe that?"

"I mean, we both know what this is about. It's clearly about Vickie." Tiffany added on. Vickie was a new girl that Robin was crushing on and Steve and Tiffany were trying to get her more confident, but understandably, Robin didn't want to ask out the wrong girl.

"Absolutely not." Robin shut them down, but Steve fought back. "It is. You know what else?"

"I don't care-" Robin began, but Steve cut her off. "You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. You just gotta be yourself."

Tiffany couldn't help but recognize that phrase. It seemed very familiar to her and it did not help her and Steve's case when she decided to point that out. "Aren't you literally quoting her to her?"

"Who's side are you on?" Steve rhetorically asked, hinting that Tiffany's comment was not helpful, but that was alright because he was able to bring the conversation back. "Robin, maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that? I mean, I listened and look at me. Boom. I got the hottest girlfriend in the world." Steve complimented as he held out his hand for Tiffany to high five.

"Fuck yeah, he does!" Tiffany exclaimed as she high fived Steve. Robin rolled her eyes at her two best friends and proceeded to make a pretty solid point. "It's not the same thing, okay? If either of you were to ask out the opposite gender and they say no, big deal. Nothing happens. Maybe your ego's a little bruised. I ask out the wrong girl, and bam, I'm a town pariah."

"You have a point, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl. She's almost exactly like you and plus, you're so damn hot that she'd make an exception either way." Tiffany tried to be comforting as she put a hand on Robin's shoulder. Robin tapped her hand saying a silent thank you as Steve proceeded to emphasize their point even more. "And she returned Fast Times paused at fifty three minutes and five seconds. Know who pauses Fast Times at fifty three minutes, five seconds. People who like boobies, Robin!"