019.

THE NEW FRIEND
your new boyfriend by wilbur soot

she's livin' the dream from back when we were seventeen

JULY

⸺NANCY and Dustin threw a going away party for Tiffany since she wasn't going to see any of them for two months. Nancy, Dustin, Jonathan, Steve, Mike, Will and Lucas were all at the Henderson's house and Tiffany was getting ready to leave. Steve and Jonathan put her bags into her mom's car for her. Tiffany was hugging everyone one by one. Jonathan and Steve finished and Jonathan gave her a big hug. He was about to pull away, but she cupped her hands around his ear. She whispered, "I know you like Nancy."

Jonathan gave her a surprised look and she smirked. "How- How do you- How did you-"

"Woah, was I right?" Everyone was a bit confused and Jonathan nodded. "Dude, I was guessing. Wow, I guess I am always right."

Jonathan laughed and let her move on. Tiffany stood in front of Steve and he reached his hand out for a handshake. Tiffany hit his hand away and pulled Steve into a hug. He was surprised, but he hugged her back. Tiffany pulled away and opened the passenger car door.

"Bye guys! I'll miss you." Tiffany hopped in the car and closed the door. They all said a mix of 'we'll miss you too' and 'bye'. Everyone walked up to where Steve was. Before her mom could drive off, she hopped out of the car really quickly. Tiffany ran up to Steve and ruffled his hair and ran back to the car. Her mom started driving away and she reached her head out the window. "Bye Stevikins!"

Steve had a mad look on his face and Nancy rubbed his arm comfortingly. "She just- She keeps-"

"I know, I know."

Tiffany sat back in her seat and actually put her seat belt on. Her mom gave a little smirk. "What?"

"You have pet names for each other!" Tiffany leaned her elbow on the door and rested her head in her hand. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "You two are so adorable! Oh, I can't wait until you graduate, and get married and have kids-"

"Mom!"

"I'm sorry, honey, but with your looks and his hair. Wow! Beautiful babies!"

"Mom, please!"

⁕    ⁕

Tiffany had taken a plane to California. She had contacted one of her mom's friends who moved to California and they agreed to let her stay there. It was around 9:00 pm and Tiffany had just gotten to the house. Tiffany knocked on the door and her mom's friend, Harriet answered the door. She was a lot like her mom. "Hi, I'm-"

"Tiffany!" She pulled Tiffany into a giant bear hug, just like ones her mom gives. She pulled away and Tiffany was trying to catch her breath. "Oh, you're so much prettier than how you're mother described you!"

"Thanks."

"Oh please, come in! Come in!" Harriet picked up one of Tiffany's suitcases and Tiffany picked up the other one. Harriet directed her to the room she was staying in. Harriet let her unpack and that's what she was doing. Tiffany finished unpacking after a while and she was really jet lagged so she let Harriet know she was just going to go bed.