❁Chapter 20: Recovery❁

Chapter 20: Recovery

YN's P.O.V

The night sky was emitting light from the full moon and bright stars, I stood in my place for a couple of minutes trying to sink in what the fuck I just did. Bethany's gone. Because of me. Easily, I could assume the consequences for my illegal actions - if the police find out that's it and I can also say goodbye to my life.

This is by far the most insane thing I'd done but I had no choice. Quickly running to my car I got in and backed the car into the alleyway. Luckily there was no one to be seen besides the faraway drunks who turned a blind eye towards what I was doing - probably because most of them were stumbling in the opposite direction.

Opening the boot I dragged Bethany's now heavy body to the back of the car before pulling her into the large boot, I made sure to cover her with a big blanket in case people would gain suspicion on what I'm carrying in the back of my car. Eventually I stepped back into my car and grabbed the steering wheel with my trembling hands and made my way.

It sickens to me to think I'd ever kill another human being, but what's even worse is that I killed a human being without any regrets. Maybe I am a total psychopath, maybe I am an absolute monster but is it so wrong that I risked my life to protect my own family.

Driving in the dark with my fast beating heart and guilty conscious was probably the hardest thing to endure; my fear was being caught by the cops any time as I drove because I knew if that were to happen its game over. I didn't even want to think about what Justin would've thought of me after what I did - his brown judgment eyes piercing through me like the dirty murderer I am. Not to mention, Skylar will eventually grow up to learn my filthy past - how will she respond knowing her mother is a good-for-nothing criminal. Expectedly, I could feel tears well up in my eyes but I tried my hardest to not let them fall, I had to stay strong if I were to do this carefully.

I'd already drove out of Downton L.A and I was now approaching the outskirts to an near-isolated countryside. Parking the car I hoped out and I could notice the surrounding thousands of trees and the smell of wet, autumn leaves. There was no one to be seen from miles away so I took that opportunity to dig the massive hole.

Yes. My situation is so bad it's come to my final and only option. It took a while to get the right depth for the hole but once I was done I quickly dragged Bethany's body onto the forest ground,
I made sure to get her phone and apartment keys from her pocket as well. Placing her inside of the hole I made sure she was covered securely by the blanket before I closed the grave with the same earth.

With sweat trickling down my forehead I wiped it off with my arm before tiredly sighing to see the work I'd done. The piles of leaves I'd placed on top disguised the grave underneath...I just prayed it would never be discovered. Overwhelmed, I dropped my body onto my knees before covering my face with my still-shaking hands. How will I ever live with myself with a bad conscious in the back of my mind? This has changed everything...

I heard rustling in the bushes before a loud dog bark, there must've been dog walkers or something coming. Quickly, picking up the spade I got into the car and drove as far as possible. I still remembered the clue Bethany told me before her death:

"TELL ME!" I shoved her again as I heard her head hit the wall, she closed her eyes in pain.

"She's been in my apartment the whole time, I'd get her as soon as possible if you want her in one piece," that sickly smirk was still plastered on her face; it made my skin crawl to think how mentally ill this bitch was.

I realised I still had her phone and keys, taking the keys out of my pocket I saw it had engraved 'Dove Gardens'. Dove Gardens is a cheap lot full of apartments in Downtown L.A, now that I know where specifically her apartment is I can easily navigate myself on her phone to where she's recently been in the building - and that'll be her apartment where Skylar should be.