Not so White Walls

Lynn woke up with her arm delicately draped around the waist of a slender figure, and the head of said slender figure was loosely resting on Lynn's shoulders. Her face immediately woke up with a bright and tired smile, her eyes drifting around the room while adjusting to the light. It was early morning and despite the light being off the room was fairly lit by the early sunlight creeping through the glass window. She looked around the room, recognizing it from the previous night. See was in Charlotte's room, in her bed, with her lovely girlfriend around her arms. And she couldn't be happier. She didn't want to wake her up, so instead of doing so or drifting back to sleep she explored her surrounding with her sight. The first thing she noticed were the posters plastered all over the walls. Not all of them we posters she realized as se looked closely. Some were collages of small pictures, or cutouts, or even just seemingly random papers or cutouts filling in the holes left by the bigger posters. Most of them were from bands Lynn recognized. Haley from Paramore, Lyn-Z Way from Mindless Self Indulgence, Jenna from Tonight Alive and many more. Most were posters of women. Lynn smiled at the gayness. Then there were drawings, too many to count, and too varied to think of something in common other than the fact they were drawings. From intricately detailed portraits to childlike landscapes, to symmetric figures. They probably all meant something special to Charlotte. The third category were pictures, loosely pinned to the wall with no identifiable pattern whatsoever, but it gave them a personal touch, and the contrasts between some of them were incredible. From her cuddled up position in the bed Lynn could make out many plastered along the wall next to her. She noticed a picture of the whole Way clan minus the twins with Gerard Way, Lyn-Z, and Mikey Way in what seemed to be some sort of social event. Lynn pondered wether they were related or not. They could be, and she became very excited, but told herself to wait until Charlotte woke up to ask. After that freak out she noticed the smaller part but still noticeable of the things stuck to the wall. They were small pieces of paper, tickets, pamphlets, blank pages with one word written on them, carton, ripped pages from books, and anything else that could be stuck to a wall with tape or a pin. She hadn't really noticed until now, but the walls were white, yet that was very difficult to see at first sight. Just as she kept trying to decipher more and more of these small memories plastered on the wall she felt Charlotte stir up under her. She was about to wake up. Lynn beat her to it by planting her lips on her cheek, just flimsy millimeters away from her lips. With eyes still closed, Charlotte's lips pulled into a small smile knowing immediately who was next to her.

"Hey" She murmured softly, still in sleep like peace. "Hey." Lynn said back.

Charlotte stirred and stretched her arms out, yawning in the process. Lynn couldn't help but giggle noticing the striking resemblance to her cat. "What?" Charlotte asked amused.

"Nothing, nothing." Lynn quickly dismissed her. "Good morning, that's all."

"Good morning to you." Charlotte replied, as she was incorporating herself and sitting up on the bed, with Lynn following suit. She waited until she was fully awake. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"What's with everything on the walls? Did you put everything there?" Lynn immediately noticed a proud glean on her eyes. "Yep. When Isabelle and I used to share this room, we made a rule to not put anything on the wall, because then we'd fight about the space, or what things we could and could not put there, so we decided on that. And over the years I collected in boxes the thing I would have like to put on the wall, mostly posters and pictures, and when se left I just put them all up, things I had saved for years in boxes. I like it so much, I just started to look for things to put there. It's now full of stuff I decided to keep. It's being accumulating over the years. I love it really."

Lynn could tell how proud of the walls she was. It was years of hard work on display in the place she could call hers. "It's beautiful." Lynn said. Charlotte smiled in appreciation. "Can I asked you one last question?"