20 | 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃, 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 [2]

Začať od začiatku

While Bucky and Carson were distracted, Karli and the other Flag Smasher's exited the trucks, each of them accompanied with a container filled with gasoline.

"We need a diversion." Karli looked around at them all. "Give them someone to rescue."

"What do you mean?" One of them asked, glancing down at the containers. "You want us to..."

"Light it up." Karli said sternly.

They all did as they were told, some seeming more sceptical than others. Each of them drenched the truck with gasoline before using a nearby pipe to spark a flame by dragging it along the concrete.

The truck was set alight and it grabbed Carson and Bucky's attention, their eyes widening at the sight. Bucky kicked down the Flag Smasher that was attacking him and ran over to the back of the truck.

"Hold on!" He called out to the civilians inside.

Bucky used his metal arm to try and pry the door off it's hinges, but due to the device that was attached to the door in order to make sure it stayed shut, the task proved to be a lot more difficult than he expected.

"Carson!" Bucky shouted over his shoulder. "A little help!"

Carson let out a sigh and glanced down at the Flag Smasher that was still squirming in his grip. "I'm busy!"

Bucky gave him a look. "Are you serious right now?"

"What!" Carson exclaimed. "This guy has some lungs on him."

"Carson!" Bucky scolded. "Come on!"

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Fine."

Carson moved his hand down to the side of the Flag Smasher's jaw while re-positioning his other hand against the top of his forehead. And before the man had any time to react or protest, the swift and sudden movement to the side with Carson's arms snapped his neck within the blink of an eye.

"There." Carson let out a breath and pushed the Flag Smasher's limp body away, beginning to stand up. "I'm coming. Keep your hair on."

As Carson got to his feet and started to make his way over to Bucky, the sound of a small gasp grabbed his attention. He looked ahead to see Karli peeking from the side of the other truck, eyes wide as she looked upon the dead body of one of her fellow Flag Smashers.

Karli's gaze moved towards Carson and her eyes practically narrowed into slits. She knew it was him. And she didn't seem...too happy about it.

Carson scratched the back of his head. "So, uh, Karli about that—"

"Morgenthau!"

Everybody looked back, seeing none other than John Walker walking down the street, his sights clearly set on Karli.

Carson noticed he was dressed in his former Captain America suit, holding what looked like a cheap knockoff of Sam's shield.

"Oh you gotta be kidding me." Carson scoffed and shook his head.

"He's persistent, I'll give him that." Bucky grunted, still trying to pry off the device that was on the truck.

Carson watched as Bucky struggled to make any progress with the truck and he sighed. He placed his hand on Bucky's shoulder and moved him aside.

"Let me try Buck."

"I didn't mean to kill your friend." Karli told John. "I don't wanna hurt people that don't matter."

John came to a stop. "You don't think Lemar's life mattered?"

"Not to my fight." Karli shook her head. "I just want the people on that truck."