Prologue II

Once Upon A Time, A Flaxen Haired Maiden and Brazen Knight Came To Play

(*wattpad says the title is too long. :p)

As soon as An Ziyan snarled at Zhou Ge and Ellen to prevent them from being sordid to his lover's eyes and commented frigidly to Mai Ding's beseeching, he continued on his way upstairs to bathe.

Now that the An Ziyan's out of sight, Mai Ding is now on his own... ill at ease

Together with these= folks who keep on eyeing on him with obvious grin on their alluring faces. The visitors then took the pleasure of teasing the bespectacled man, since the beast's not here to defend his quarry.

" Xiao Ge, if you look carefully, this boy has a certain appeal on him; subtle and pure in comparison to the high spirited Bai Xiaosi, correct?" Ellen says in Mandarin perfectly as she touches Zhou Ge's jaw line with an index finger provocatively.

" Heh, Ellen. Don't fall for him or I'll be devastated if you leave me for my best friend's boyfriend." Zhou Ge held the blond girl's hand and put it on his lips to kiss with satisfaction.  

This view made Mai Ding flushed, "Might you not do this before me, it's very insulting don't you know that?" He replied angrily not tolerating the dialogue between them.

"But I'm just describing not cheating on you. My love's only for Xiao Ge." Glancing to the front, Ellen continues to rile Mai Ding an extra mile. Beyond doubt, she's having fun bantering with him. Ellen will only do this if she takes a liking to a person.

"I only l.. love An Ziyan, too. I have...no intention of cheating that jerk, as well."  Although he had enough with the ordeal with Zhou Ge and Ellen, Mai Ding still says this coyly. Aside from Li Ming and Bai Xiaosi , he couldn't believe that another two people would know about his feelings for his lover.

 Even if, An Ziyan recalled about their conversation about having friends... the torment is unacceptable. 'They look like fairytale characters but very evil inside.' Mai Ding thought silently in his heart.

With this line, Zhou Ge grinned with gladness. This is the first time he saw a person profess his love to his best friend genuinely. He knows because just before Bai Xiaosi became An Ziyan's girlfriend, whenever some girl tries to confess it's only for the reason that he's hot, cool, and wealthy and the likes.

Yet, it wouldn't change the fact that... Mai Ding is still a man.

 'An Ziyan, you're totally done for.' Zhou Ge's amazed on how this bespectacled man could grab hold of the elusive and stern best friend. This thing called "love" has taken effect on him, also.  Just like what it did to him and Ellen.

"Please, don't take this to heart Mai Ding. We're just so bored that we ended up teasing you." Zhou Ge tells him with a smile, holding Ellen's waist near him.

"You're not even sorry with your words."  Mai Ding says in a bad mood while folding his hands.

However, it never fails him to notice on how Zhou Ge and Ellen could possibly this so sweet with each other, apart from being very liberal, much to Mai Ding's dismay.

He previously stated to An Ziyan that he won't give up this love [1] but this couple on the opposite side is making him conscious of the 'reality' [2] accepted by the world. At this moment, his low self esteem is shrouding his entire body all over again.

Later on, An Ziyan has already finished taking his shower and appeared in the living room, looking at the two individuals who are insensitively displaying their ardour. At the side, he discerned Mai Ding's cheerless expression, having an idea on what the other person is thinking about.

"What do you want?"  With an indifferent gaze, An Ziyan asked Zhou Ge for the reason of the visit.

"An Ziyan, you never change. I met Uncle An (AZY's dad) at a social event two days ago and he was asking about his darling son. Since when did I become your baby-sitter, I am a very busy person you know?" An Ziyan's best friend make fun of him.

"Shut it." The cold man replied straightforwardly not wanting to hear any longer.

"Given that you're alive and in good health not to mention breaking up with Xiaosi, I'll report about this to him immediately." The other man looks at Mai Ding with a sneer.

Listening to this, Mai Ding was alerted with what Zhou Ge said. As he set eyes on his lover, An Ziyan was still wearing that uncaring expression like naught of it is important.

"Gamble with the devil and you'll be drag to the pits of hell."  An Ziyan grunted and smiled. He nodded his head towards the door and added. "Get out of here." He knows that the other man was just playing around.

"Well, It's was a pleasure to meet you. Bye Bye." Ellen says as she stands up and followed his lover.

As the door opened, Zhou Ge had given away something amusing to the anxious Mai Ding who is now beside An Ziyan.

"Mai Ding, to make amends I will tell you this secret...although An Ziyan's cool, he doesn't know how to make origami. That's why since we were kids; he doesn't even bother making one anymore."  Zhou Ge chuckled, putting his arm on Ellen's shoulder and left the residence; closing the door.

An Ziyan was just about to snap at the revelation Zhou Ge gave but it was too late for he was not there already.  He then caught sight of Mai Ding smiling after.

Mai Ding was reminded about the flower An Ziyan made for him on their first date. It wasn't really crumpled for the sake of creating one but An Ziyan was certainly trying to do it as sweet as possible like Mai Ding wanted to.... but it was a failure. (lol)

"You put effort to it though." This realization was making Mai Ding happy inside.

"Cook breakfast now." The haughty man kicked his lover's leg lightly and sat on the sofa turning the television on.

"How mean, you shouldn't be shy... " But before Mai Ding could finish, he has received a death glare from An Ziyan. He then scurries to the kitchen to work but as he was preparing the dishes, the smile on his face couldn't be obscured.

F

Nightfall has come and given that it was a Sunday, Mai Ding extended his stay on An Ziyan's house for they'll be going to university together, tomorrow morning.

Both of them are at the bedroom now all set to sleep. Mai Ding was laying his head on his lover's arm, embracing An Ziyan on his waist. Mai Ding began to talk:

"Nah, Zhou Ge's born Chinese while on the other hand Ellen's American, they have differences. Still, they're a man and a woman."  Mai Ding then paused for a while and continued "Unlike them, we're both guys...Even so, their love and ours is the same right, An Ziyan?' Mai Ding contemplated. He felt a shooting pain in his chest, being envious of the relationship those two people have.

Leaning forward, An Ziyan pushed Mai Ding down on the bed and pressed his body over him, gently repeating the same words his lover said before in the car when he took Mai Ding home. "Are you tired of me already?"  

Mai Ding glanced at An Ziyan's eyes with surprised and with that his heart twinges. In a mellow voice he answers: "No."

"Ours is just beginning to grow, don't compare and be troubled about what other people think. Solely, enjoy every moment with me."  An Ziyan moves forwards and leisurely puts his lips on Mai Ding's with eagerness.  From the side of Mai Ding's cheek, a single tear could be found.

Undeniably, this person kissing him right now is giving him so much happiness that he can't breathe. He doesn't want to be separated with An Ziyan. What they have right now... is really love. As long as they have each other, their journey in this world is all worthwhile.

There would be difficulties down the road but that doesn't signify that they need to succumb to it.

However, the storm in their relationship is only about to start as well and shockingly... it's in the guise of a person.  

END

[1]  Chapter 12

[2]  He's saying about straight couples is the norm