Prologue 1: The Tiger Who Loves Wheat

Mai Ding was annoyed again...

For An Ziyan was laughing at him because of the mistake. He was very embarrassed and left his lover's house hurriedly to buy some groceries at the supermarket.

"An Ziyan, you bastard! How should I know that you have two aunts visiting?" Mai Ding murmured, pointing fault to his lover. He was still brooding over what happened and continued to rant.

Mai Ding then saw an empty can by the side of the street and kicked it with all his might, shifting his bad feelings on the inanimate object.

"What the hell?"

He was surprised for someone yelled in complaint; it appears to be that a stranger was accidentally hit by Mai Ding's thoughtless actions. With a nervous feeling inside of him, Mai Ding looks ahead to see who it was. Close by, a man whose back is facing him, was touching the top of his head due to the impact.

Although Mai Ding couldn't hit the jackpot for the lottery, it seems to be that the top prize for creating blunders is his specialty. Thankfully, the one that came into contact with the man's head isn't filled with anything, or else Mai Ding would have a greater problem because of it.

Scowling, the man then turned around to identify who the perpetrator is.  As he gets a glimpse of Mai Ding, a sense of surprise is written all over his face.

"Did you just strike me... with a can?" The man says to confirm his suspicions. His expression and attitude changed into a gentle one all of a sudden, as if a different person's talking to Mai Ding.

'He's really cute.' Thinking that way, he's making the most of his time staring at the glasses boy in front with interest.

"I... I'm so sorry." Mai Ding was biting his lower lip and doesn't know what to do in this kind of situation. If only An Ziyan was there at that time maybe this kind of mess will be fixed in a matter of seconds.

If you scrutinize this person's appearance, he looks to be close to Mai Ding and An Ziyan's age. The man is tall in stature and stylish with the clothes his wearing; complementing his lean body. His short jet black hair goes together with his features. Even if he's wearing shades, you could tell that this man's very appealing to the eyes.

By some means a slight smirk is forming on his lips that weren't comprehended by the innocent Mai Ding for he is blinded with worry.

"Ugh, it hurts!  The stranger bends down and began to act as if he was in pain.

"Oh no, are you alright? I really didn't mean to do that." Mai Ding approached the man and expressed regret to what happened and kneeled beside him.

"Pfft!"  However, seeing that Mai Ding was now in sheer confusion, the man snorted for he can't keep his facade anymore.

" Uhmm, why are you...Aah! You're just lying to me." At first, Mai Ding thought he's having a false impression but it hasn't taken him long enough to notice that the stranger is trying to hold his sniggers.

"That's payback, now were even." The man began to laugh loudly, holding his stomach. 

 "What a prankster." Mai Ding thought loudly with a gloomy face.

"Don't mind me, forgive me for making fun of you, it's my fault." The man waved his hand, telling Mai ding it was only a joke. He then stands up and lends his hand to Mai Ding to help him after.

Even so, it didn't occur to the bespectacled man to get angry at the stranger's mischief. Looking at him, Mai Ding reminded him of a child... who is playing around not becoming aware what other people think of... that he is becoming tricky to handle because of his antics.

 "Are you sure that you're okay, don't you need to go to a hospital?" Mai Ding pats his pants to remove the dirt and asked to make certain that this unknown person is not hurt. He almost thought that the man became lunatic because of the bump on his head.

In that instant, they clicked. They were now walking side by side as if nothing came about earlier.  One should fret on how trusting can Mai Ding be.

 "Yeah, I'm not that weak, see? What's with the flare-up of emotions? You wouldn't do that to me for nothing." The man knocked his head with his hand lightly and smirked at Mai Ding.

"I'm telling you that it wasn't intentional and I was just... but I'm okay now." Mai Ding was flooded with questions except he only shakes his head and smiled.

 The humiliation that he was having for today was already sufficient and also his relationship with An Ziyan would be divulge if he continued to talk.

"By the way, I've just arrived here. My name's Kai Laohu."  Finally, the man named himself and displayed his radiant smile to Mai Ding to get his attention.

"Ah, it's nice to meet you... I'm Mai Ding."  But Mai Ding who is already head over heels with An Ziyan wasn't charmed even a little bit with his actions.

'Mai Ding' He repeated the bespectacled man's name a couple of times in his mind like a tune so he wouldn't forget. Looking at the side quietly, he was still not giving up, Laohu then tries to win over Mai Ding's affection yet again.

"Do you need any help, I could..." Unexpectedly, his hand phone rang,. Kai Laohu reached for his pocket and glanced at the name on the screen.

Mai Ding then looks at the man whose face has now became paler. Even so, he cleared his throat and answered the call.

'He didn't get a contusion, right?' Indeed, he's still troubled about it.

'Where are you? Get your ass here right this instant or I swear....'

" Hai er would you just calm down, I'll be there in just a short while."  Kai Laohu then cut the call and stares back at the glasses boy.

"It seems important, you should go."  Mai Ding says considerately at him and smiled.

"Yes, it's about my part-time job, my manager's going to kill me. I forgot that there's a meeting today." He then runs across the street after the stoplight turn red.

But before he completely leaves, Kai Laohu turn around again and put one of his hand close to his mouth and shouted. "Let's see each other around, alright?!" He waved both of his hands high in the air after and run towards the opposite direction.

There were plenty of people around the area and the sight of a handsome young man making a scene despite of being awkward was somewhat eye candy to everybody else. Mai Ding blushed because of this yet waved his hand shyly to him.

"What a weird guy." Mai Ding says with a soft chuckle. He then continues his way to the supermarket forgetting why he was annoyed in the first place.

Not far off from where Mai Ding is, a group of girls was chatting about what they saw just now. They weren't able to see him for they were totally compelled with the other man's charm.

"Hey, isn't the one that just left now was "K"?"

"Who? That most seek out male model in Ye Kong?"

"Oh my gosh, are you sure with that? We didn't get an autograph!"

Just as Mai Ding was now passing by a huge building, just above it was an advertisement of a famous clothing brand. There's a man with an intense gaze holding another female fashion model in his arms sitting on an elegant couch.

You could see that this male model is somewhat identical to the weird guy Mai Ding was talking about.

END