Chapter Twenty-Two

Depuis le début

"We found a way to contact Bonnie for her birthday." She snapped, instantly putting a hand over her mouth.

She looked at me with squinted eyes, just waiting for me to crack and start crying right then and there.

But I had been preparing for this.

"And then?"

She gave me a perplexed look but still carried on.

"Well nothing really happened except Damon dropping a stupid map, the spell wasn't exactly that strong considering there were four of us going back." She took in my confused look before continuing. "Jeremy came as well."

"Oh so everyone went to go see my sister on her birthday but the actual real sister?"

She ignored my sarcastic remark and continued on with her story.

"Long story short; Liv turned up and attacked Kai bringing us back to the real world but she trapped us in the room upstairs so we wouldn't intervene, Damon help stall bye blowing up the fireplace and Jeremy saved the day as per usual."

"Is that all?"

She hesitated once again, seemingly having an internal battle.

"No... That's all."

"Okay my turn."

I stood up so that I was looming over her and somehow that gave me an abundance of confidence.

"What you did was a real dick move."

The look on her face fueled my rant, she looked caught between confusion and a deer caught in headlights.

"I mean not inviting me to see my own sister on our birthday? Do you hate me or something?"

She flinched with every word but I didn't care I had to let this out.

No more bottling it up.

"Why do that? What did you think I would have a mental breakdown? Would you have even told me about it!?"

By now she had stood up so we were face to face.

"Of course I would have!"

"Are you sure? I had to find out from Kai while he was laying down and dying!"

"I don't see what the problem is!?"

"The problem is you didn't take me to see my sister. That would have been the best birthday present you could have ever given me and you didn't."

My voice broke off at the end, all the argument in me washing away like a cleanse, leaving me with nothing but despair.

I turned towards the door, deciding that I didn't want to be around Elena and her negativity and risk yet another mental breakdown.

I barely got a foot out of the room when my wrist was tugged violently out the door and towards the forest surrounding us.

Looking up I saw Kai with a determined face and I really wanted to fight him on it but I had no energy left so I just let him tug me like a doll.

We stoped a fair bit away from the house, far enough that we would be concealed and not heard but not far enough so if it came to it I would be able to run if necessary.

Looking at Kai again it dwelled on me that the last time that we had been alone together was when he went all psychotic-i-freaking-love-you-babe mode.

Tugging my wrist out of his grip, I brought it up and cradled it to my chest.

He had left a mark the dick.