Chapter 1.1

Reminder: This is a book preview and only contains the first five chapters. My chapters are pretty long, so I've broken them down into sections. I hope you enjoy! Feel free to comment but no hate, please. Be mindful of trigger warnings in the Authors Note.

Ginger sat with her chin propped on her hand, watching the young Cherokee man across the table from her. He was leaned back in his chair with his feet crossed and legs straight out in front of him, playing with his empty beer bottle. "That girl has been checking you out for the last hour. You should go talk to her!"

"Do you have to try to hook me up with a girl every time we go out?" Hawk pulled the label from the bottle.

Ginger sighed and tucked a long strand of red hair back behind her ear. "I truly believe your mother hugged you too much as a child."

"And could you not psychoanalyze me, please?" He balled up the paper and threw it at her.

She dodged, laughing, then retorted, "But it's so much fun!"

"Look, just because I don't grope all over every woman that walks by, doesn't mean I'm impotent. I've had my fair share of relationships, Ginger. I respect women, unlike Liam, and I don't care to sleep with every beautiful woman I meet, like Han. We've been friends for nearly twelve years. I thought you'd have figured me out by now."

"I could tell you what you were going to have for breakfast in the morning, but I'm clueless as to what you want in a woman." Ginger sighed and stood up. "Alright then, you are on your own. I've got a fine-looking man waiting for me over by the pool table." She gave a little twist back and forth, then asked, "How do I look?"

Hawk smiled, "As beautiful as ever."

"Don't wait up!" She bounded across the crowded bar to where her date was waiting.

Liam strolled over to the table with a cocky smirk, and stated in his thick Irish brogue, "Here, ye are definitely goin' ta need this tonight." Liam put a shot of Irish whiskey down in front of Hawk.

Hawk pushed the glass back toward him. "I'm not in the mood, Liam." He leaned up and put the empty bottle down. He put his elbows up on the table and ran his hands through his short, black hair.

Collin walked up to the table as Liam continued, "I don't know why ye don't feck her and get it over with. She's a whore, Hawk."

Collin put a hand on Hawk's shoulder as the Cherokee flinched at Liam's derogatory statement. "That's enough, Liam!" Collin's usually light Irish accent deteriorated with his sudden alarm at Hawk's trembling shoulder.

"What? I'm just sayin'. I'm tired a seein' him get all broody when she runs off with some Yank for the night. He needs ta grow some balls and give her a good, hard feck."

"I'm going home. I can't deal with his shit right now." Hawk stood up and turned to walk off.

"Don't forget! Meetin' tomorrow mornin' at ten." Collin looked apologetically at Hawk as the Cherokee turned back to the table.

"Yeah. I'll see you guys tomorrow."

Collin and Liam watched as Hawk crossed the room to leave. The young man had to pull a very drunk college girl off him before he made it halfway across the room. Collin turned to Liam, his Irish temperament rising in him, "Do ye think that, maybe, ye could show a little restraint in the way ye talk about Ginger in front of Hawk?"