dos

For the first time in her life, Lucia was not scared

For the first time in her life, Lucia was not scared. She was always scared. Whenever someone would meet her gaze, when a leaf would skim the ground behind her, everything scared her.

Maybe it was the fear that one day he'd come back with her and take her with him.

She didn't really know what she felt. She would just feel her heart drop. But right now she was fine. The voices were quiet, Rose was still organizing, Trevor was somewhere, and Elena was sat on the couch.

She wondered how someone had gotten a picture of her from 800 years ago. Was she dreaming?

"He's here." Trevor came through the doorwar, clearly alarmed. His tone of voice caused Lucia to stand up from her seat. "This was a mistake."

Rose stopped what she was doing and stood up straighter, "no, I told you I would get us out of this. You have to trust me."

"No! He wants me dead, Rose!" He exclaimed and stretched his arms out in despair.

Lucia backed away just as Rose looked at her, "he wants them more."

"I can't do this. You give them to him, he'll have mercy on you, but I need to get out of here."

"Hey. What are we?" Rose grabbed his hands.

Trevor took slow and deep breaths before opening his eyes again, "we're family."

Lucia stared at him, watching as he released his nerves and nodded his head at Rose, "forever." She still couldn't understand how this Elijah could be so bad.

A sudden pounding on the door got their attention and everybody visibly flinched. "Stay here with them and don't make a sound." Rose ordered softly and left the room quickly.

Lucia stayed standing, making sure not to move. If Elijah truly could kill Trevor without remorse, she wouldn't risk her own life. All while she could hear Rose and a male voice in the distance, she continued trying to remove the cuffs from her wrists.

Trevor stared at her, watching as the skin from underneath the metal began to turn red and raw. He lifted a leg to start walking over but he quickly stopped when Lucia cocked her head at him, daring him to step forward, as if she had been watching him the whole time.

Trevor glared at her, his foot not reaching the floorboard in case it groaned. His lips pursed angrily, watching as the tips of Lucia's curled.

Lucia stopped what she was doing once Trevor's eyes widened and he looked up at the staircase too see a tall man in a suit.

The man's eyes stayed glued on Elena before switching to Lucia, but his eyes softened just a tad bit.

Lucia jumped when the man was suddenly in front of her. His eyes stared into hers harshly, causing her to take a step back, but his hand grasped her arm. He brought his hand up, moving her dark hair to the side, just enough to see the small beauty mark right on the side of her neck.