uno

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

          After spending half of her day in the library, at exactly ten o'clock at night, Lucia walked through the empty parking lot with a pair of glasses neatly placed on her head and earbuds hanging from her neck.

She always enjoyed reading next to big windows, watching the cars drive by and light up the forest next door. It was a good thing the nearest library was practically made of glass. The library actually closes at nine, but the lady loved Lucia, so she gave her a spare key, as long as the girl helped organize the shelves.

Lucia was always good with books. She liked the long books with only a few words on the pages. Her favorite was Milk and Honey. She just had a connection to it.

As a kid she read books for the happy endings, the princess meeting the prince... who was actually like twenty years older. But as she grew up, she started reading books with sad endings; the ones that nobody liked. She'd rather focus on the pain of others because she couldn't understand her own.

Placing her hand on the handle of the grey Honda Accord, she paused.

the voices?

where were they?

A gust of wind blew towards her from behind and she quickly turned her back on the car. Why did the voices stop? They never stopped.

She faced the edge of the woods and looking towards every tree, wondering if maybe... just maybe there was someone lurking. Like in a movie.

Only in this case she wouldn't be the first one to die. She quickly unlocked her car but felt a tingling sensation quickly flood her mind.

behind you.

She turned as fast as she could and threw her hand out, knocking the unknown person a few feet away from her. "Who the hell are you?" She asked, ignoring the strong gusts of winds that blew against them and focused on the male-like figure, his black hoodie covering his face.

"You'll find out eventually." He said lowly and listened to her speeding heartbeat.

Lucia dropped her book and keys, opening her palms to be ready. But the man moved quicker than she expected. Quicker than anybody would expect, actually. He moved almost at the speed of light and knocked her head against the car window, leaving her unconscious.

You know that moment when you first wake up? That fuzzy feeling of not knowing anything? It's called sleep inertia, a normal process of waking up because although your body is up, your brain isn't. It's the only moment when your body is actually ahead of your brain. Almost like an instinct.