PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

Despite the fact that the few lit candles were the only source of light, he could still see her rather clearly, as clear as day thanks to his demon vision. The light of the dozen lit candles fell on her in a very peculiar way and he saw her, only her, his mind filled with nothing but her. She was seated in the centre of the huge round bed which had been made with the whitest of sheets. Her long abundance of oxblood hair was hanging like shiny drapes behind her. She was dressed yet unclothed in a skimpy excuse of a night gown that stirred his demon violently. Desire built steeply in him. He stared at her with want. She held his gaze boldly, staring right back at him with those egregious lucent viridescent eyes, undismayed. Passion consumed him, causing his heart to constringe.

'Gideon,' she said, her voice a purr that made his head spin and turn, caused blood to pound in his ears consumedly. 'You are back.' Now he wondered what she was doing.

'What are you doing?' he queried her, watching, rooted still.

'I was waiting for you.' The words hit him like lightening, fiery. Yet, it didn't help matters that she chose then to rise from the huge bed to go to him, approaching him slowly, her movements intended to seduce. Hyeera must have coached her. Damn the blasted healer!

Her night gown -a mix of silk and lace- stopped about ten inches after her waist, halfway down her thick thighs. The silk was white like the sheets, virginal, like his bride. It was sheer and transparent as the candle light fell over it. It had thin stripes decorated with tiny flowers that complimented the erotic dress. The upper part hugged her full lush breast, giving them a round full shape. The gown fell over her belly and tiny waist then flared out to constrain her hips. Then there was the appealing skin of her endless perfect legs.

'Go to bed,' he told her, knowing without being told that he was being honeyed, seduced. She advanced, stopping about four feet away.

'No,' she protested in a milky voice. 'You come to bed,' she cooed with emphasis on the You. He stared at her, battling with the emotions running wild in him, the unleashed bonfires that he knew he couldn't handle.

'Cassiopeia,' he began. She interrupted him.

'Don't,' she whispered, knowing well that he was about to dissuade her. 'I'm not drunk Gideon. I am sober and I know perfectly well what I am doing.'

'And what are you doing?' he asked her with cocked brows.

'I'm luring you. Is it working?' she asked innocently. Amusement gave way to mirth. She was such a naif.

'That is not how it works,' he told her, making his way to her, languidly. 'This is how it works,' he whispered afore her before taking her lips in a tinder kiss meant to seduce. Pleasure rippled through her. His lips were gentle, slow, undemanding. She could not resist it. The gentleness, the softness, The surpassing warmth. She melted into him, putty, like she always did, unsurprised at the need slowly building in her. He lingered sweetly on her lips, teasingly, enjoying, relishing, savouring. His mouth dauted hers, long, lazily, unpressured, unhurried, tasting her wonderful flavours -deep, rich, sumptuous. They were flavours that shook his resolve to be gentle with her, threatening to unleash fire -hot and infernal- in him. He delved deeper into her mouth, diving blindly with his tongue, making her moan ever so softly. The sound was intoxicating, sending thrills down his body, sensations that felt like pure heaven. He eased away from the kiss before his control would unbrace. She slowly opened her eyes to meet his melanous ones. Somehow, during the soul searing kiss, her hands had ended up around his neck and in his raven black hair. His right hand was around her tiny waist. 'That is how it is done,' he lectured her. He began to step back. She held him firmly.

'Stay Gideon,' she murmured passionately. 'Stay and make love to me,' she implored.

'You don't know what you are asking Cassiopeia,' he told her in a gentle voice, his hands reaching up to hers that was twined around his neck. She held firm, unwavered.

'I know,' she said. 'I know what I am asking for, what I want.'

'And that will be?'

'You,' she whispered. God! He knew he shouldn't, mustn't, but he found himself doing so, lanced, falling, entrapped in her web...