Chapter Fifteen: Dear

Jayden, Piper, and Sean sit on the porch of Sean's house, drinking some lemonade and laughing, like old times. Piper admitted to Sean that she knew he was gay because of Jayden and although he was a little upset at his friend for outing him, he understood that it was to his girlfriend who Sean likes. "Jay, are you still going home today?" Sean asks once the laughter calms down. Jayden's face turns cold, his bright smile vanishing. Piper recognizes Jayden's reaction, grabbing onto his hand and squeezing it. "You know you can stay for however long, I just don't want your parents to show up here throwing a fit." Which has happened before when the boys were younger. Jayden fell asleep while hanging out with Sean and instead of calling Jayden's phone, his parents drove to Sean's house accusing Sean's family for kidnapping.

"I have to." Jayden says. His voice small and soft that the wind could probably carry it away. "When will the threats end?" He questions, however it seems more to himself. Piper furrows her eyebrows, opening her mouth to speak but Sean catches her attention, shaking his head sadly. "More lemonade?" Jayden doesn't even wait for an answer before dashing inside to grab the pitcher.

"Sean, is there something I don't know?" Piper whispers to Sean. The girl isn't stupid, she knows something's going on but she doesn't want to ask Jayden just yet.

"It's not a story for me to tell. Maybe...say a prayer or two for him. Our boy is a special one." The boy chuckles to himself with a sad grin. "I'm going to the bathroom, in case anyone asks." Sean says, retreating inside.

The wind begins to pick up as Piper walks over to the white railing of the porch, leaning her body against it as she revels in the cool breeze. Strong arms with cold hands wrap around the waist of the petite girl, peppering kisses onto her cheek and neck making the girl giggle. She turns in the arms to face the person they belong to. "Took you long enough. Are you okay?" Piper questions, resting her chin on Jayden's chest.

"Never better," he grins, planting kisses on Piper's forehead, cheeks, and eventually on her lips. Piper mentally notes how he seemed upset not too long ago and to ask him about it later. "You're so beautiful. You know that?" Jayden whispers, making the girl blush.

"And you're very handsome, boo," Piper replies, moving some hair out of Jayden's eyes and wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling Jayden closer to her. She watches his eyes light up at the nickname. Running her fingers through his hair, she feels the texture of his scalp feeling different. "What happened to the back of your head?"

"Nothing major, I'm okay now." Jayden leans down to connect his lips to hers.

"I'm ba-" Sean stops, "ew! Stop showing displays for affection, I was not created to be a third wheel." He exclaims, sitting back in his seat, making the couple laugh. Jayden lets go of Piper's waist, grabbing her hand instead, pulling her towards the swing Sean has on his porch, and putting her on his lap. "You guys are so gr-ute. Yes, I made a new word for you. It's gross and cute together!" Sean says, proud of himself.

"You are something else, Sean." Piper chuckles.

Piper and Jayden are walking to his house, his heavy bag on his back while Piper carries the towel from earlier. "Jayden..." The adolescent starts.

"Yes, Piper?"

"When you fell into the pool today, you didn't struggle...why? It was almost as if you wanted to stay down there." Piper reaches out for Jayden's hand as talking about the situation brings that dreadful feeling of fear and panic back into her chest. She feels Jayden squeeze her hand before taking a deep breath.

"I don't exactly know. I know that I was starting to sober up when I was under the water but...I could've sworn I saw my family swimming with me. It was so real." Jayden furrows his eyebrows, shrugging his shoulders. "Thank you for staying with me today. I appreciate it."

"Of course, baby. I'm glad your mom let me go. Speaking of your mom, what did she say to you? You seemed a little upset about it. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." Piper exclaims not wanting to overwhelm her boyfriend.

Jayden shakes his head, slowing his pace with Piper following suit. "She was pissed that I fell into the pool. My mom told me that I better not do it again or else I will take my last breath. I guess she thought I was trying to kill myself because you took a while to bring me back up. It's okay though, it's a usual threat." Jayden half-smiles.

"That's a pretty intense threat. Don't you think you should talk to the police or something?" Piper questions making Jayden snort. The young girl stood next to the lean, muscular boy, confused.

"Did you forget who my family is? We both know that my parents have connections and everyone in town knows we own many franchises here. Me letting anyone know could potentially ruin my life." Jayden sighs. "It's okay, I know how to handle it."

Piper gulps, nodding her head. "I'm sorry boo," the young girl using the nickname she realized he liked earlier that day. "I wish there was a way to make it better."

"You've helped me enough. You saved my life today." Jayden embarks, sneaking a quick kiss on the little girl's cheek. The couple walks a little further down the street, the mansion that nobody calls home growing larger with every step. Jayden feels his hands get sweaty and his legs begin to tremble. Stopping on the pavement, he places his hands on both sides of Piper's face, giving her a long, sensual kiss. "I'll try to text you later." The boy says, turning away from the young girl.

"Wait," Piper calls out, gripping onto his hand. "I meant to ask. Are you sure that you are okay? I noticed that your mood can change quite quickly." She exclaims.

"No, it doesn't."Jayden says defensibly which evidently, proves Piper's point. Deciding not to push it any further, she says okay, gives him another kiss and they both say goodnight.

Jayden removes his shoes outside after watching Piper leave and walks into the front door, trying not to make a peep. He quietly closes the door, locks it, and turns around to come face to face with his father. Jayden's stomach drops as the man stands still with his hands behind his back. "H-hi dad. I was-"

"You fell into the pool?" His father asks, although sounding more like a statement. "Nobody pushed you, so you just fell?" He stalks closer to the boy, causing Jayden to place his back against the wall. "Were you drunk?" The adolescent quickly puts his head down, scared of what might come next. "Answer me," he growls. The boy gulps as his father's hot breath hits his face.

"No, sir," Jayden squeaks. He goes to move away from his father, only to be cornered again. "Why were you recording me? Can I not have privacy in my own home?" The young boy questions.

"Your home?" His father chuckles. "That's funny since you've never paid for anything. You don't deserve privacy when you are trying to go against the family business. We found your notes about some "Jay Enterprises". Who do you think you are trying to get money for yourself?" He spits, wrapping his large, calloused hand around Jayden's throat. "Huh? Are you going to help your family or are you going to be selfish?"

"I-It was to help the family. I only came up with the name." Jayden wheezes, beads of sweat forming on his forehead.

"Liar!" His father roared, tightening his grip. "I found more notes. There were different designs of clothes."

Jayden's eyes roll back as he gasps for more air. "I want to be a designer." He gasps.

"Let him go, Garrett. You can't ask him anything if you're going to kill him." Jayden's mother says unfazed by the show in front of her, walking down the stairs. Garrett loosens his grip on Jayden's neck, tightening it one last time before drawing his hand away. Jayden takes a huge breath of air, coughing hard.

"He's better off dead." His father mutters. "Natalie, are you going to let this liar get away with this? He's tarnishing our livelihood by simply existing." Natalie, Jayden's mother, shoves her son into the wall, turning to her husband.

"We are not letting him get away with it. But, we must follow the plan." Natalie says, running her hands up and down her husband's arms in an effort to calm him down. Jayden drops to his knees, exhausted from the ordeal with his father. He tries to crawl away from the two monsters, only stopping a few feet away, wheezing on his stomach. "Jayden, be a dear. Don't embarrass us with your excessive drinking again." His mother calls out.